XVIII

Hanahaki:
A fictional illness in which a person bearing an unrequited love coughs up flower petals until they die or their feelings are reciprocated.

×××××

[Jungkook's POV]

I heaved out a sigh of relief, but then palmed my forehead because she had no clue. That poor girl was sleeping soundly! In her ex's car!

"Y/n, wake up! We're here." I shook her by the arm once again. But no, she didn't wake up.

Gone, Alice is off to wonderland.

Once a heavy sleeper, always a heavy sleeper. And as I looked at her closed lashes, my hand on its own was stroking her head.

"My girl," I said to myself, but paused. She's not my girl anymore. The fact pained me. But anyways, I didn't want to wake her up, so I just gave her a light peck on the forehead, just light enough to not wake her up. I knew I wasn't supposed to take advantage of her like this. But then, opportunities like these don't come twice..

I wanted to be with her for some more time, to caress her cheek, to stroke her head for some more but I couldn't. Wouldn't take the opportunity for granted. I was there to drop her home, I was supposed to do that first. Now since she was asleep, any sane person would have woken her up and let her go. But no, me being the crazy lover I was, had the stupidest idea. I turned off my car and then opened the door from her side. And like a complete kidnapping villain, picked her up in my arms.

"Pleazz...fwive more minzz, Jiminisee," she mumbled gibberish in her sleep. Jimin, the word stabbed my heart. So this is what their mornings were like. I didn't want to admit but for how long could I lie?

Yes, I was fuming in envy at how lucky that guy was. But then, he already had what he wanted from his life. He didn't have to live for anyone. All he did was for himself. I, on the other hand, didn't. To earn it, I had to let her go. Because I knew, if she stayed she would know one day, and if she knew, she'd leave anyways. Why give her double the pain? Because it would be easier for her that way, to hate me. And also because I knew Y/n wasn't a person to agree or resort to false means to such an extent to achieve success, and keeping her by my side would only ensure that I'm not reaching my goal.

Thoughtlessly, I entered the lobby of her apartment and I knew the moment I saw it that I was going to have a terrible back ache the next morning.

Stairs.

Nonetheless, I started ascending. Just on the second floor, I was sweating profusely and boy! When did she get this heavy? But anyways, I was content. At least Jimin was feeding her well.

I reached the fourth floor with a lot of difficulty and I had the desperate urge to drop her down because my back was literally breaking. I quickly rang the doorbell with my head.

Yah! You good-for-nothing! Open the door!

But no, that moron didn't move even a step. Because I couldn't hear it! I stood waiting for a minute but nothing. Is he not home?

Oh, I see now. It's why he didn't come to pick her up. That being said, now I had no option but to wake my precious.

"Y/n." I put her feet down and touched her cheek."Wake up Y/n, we're home." The line itself brought back old memories. Home. Our home. A lump made its way to my throat, making it harder to speak for me."Y/n..." I called out to her despite the hurting lump.

With some tries I had successfully disturbed her heavy sleep.

[End of Jungkook's POV]

I was woken up by a shake. I opened my eyes to a familiar view, so familiar that it made me wonder if all of the present was a dream and I was back to the past. One beautiful morning when we were lying in our bed, nicely tucked under the sheets and enjoying the sun kissing my face and Jungkook's hand on my cheek, hushing in my ears.