VIII

Hanahaki:
A fictional illness in which a person bearing an unrequited love coughs up flower petals until they die or their feelings are reciprocated.

×××××

Tears began forming in my eyes as I saw their eyes follow one another's, after which their lips met, moulding over each other's.

"I'm paying for the bill. Have your dinner," I said and rose from my seat, tears now flowing freely over my cheeks.

"W-why are you crying?" said Jimin, keeping down the glass of soju in his hand. While I ignored him and was already off to pay the bill in advance at the counter. "Y/n! Ahn! I mean miss!"

He stumbled as he tried to walk. I wondered if he had even done something about his hangover when he left in the afternoon, for he was indeed heavily drunk. "Did I do something offendable?" came again from Jimin.

But I didn't pay any heed to his words. In that hour, I just couldn't. I needed space. Space to recover from this blow. So I just kept walking towards the apartment, in no condition to think and explain about what was going on.

As soon as I reached the bedroom, I locked the door behind me, slumping into the bed. And hugged my knees to weep uncontrollably. Like a child. No, even a child stopped crying after some time. But I wasn't able to. I was trying to empty my heart out, but nothing was being emptied and that was what was making my state even more miserable.

All because of those two people. Jungkook was still okay, but Yuna? She knew me since childhood. Did she not hesitate even once to take the step? Did she not even think once what I would go through if I knew? Why Yuna? Why did she have to do this? She knew what he meant to me. Despite that she chose to betray me?

"Some things are never meant to work out Y/n." Her words reverberated in my head. It was then did I get why she said that.

I'm just a big fool to not realise things.

I earlier mourned for the loss of my lover. But now it was for my closest friend. Her pushing me into the void was definitely not what I had seen coming.

"Y/n, please open the door!" I heard Jimin knock. "Did I trouble you alot? Is that why you're crying?"

"I don't want to talk, okay?" I said, frustrated.

"Did I do something wrong?" Again him.

"Jimin-ssi please leave me alone! Why do you have to be so nosy all the time!" I yelled through my tears.

That was the end. The room fell silent at my one command. Jimin's knocking stopped as if it never existed. And I, not being in a position to console or clear his misunderstanding, left him alone. Or more like, myself.

I unfolded my legs that were trapped in my hug and lay down on the bed. My eyes were dry as a bone for I had seeped all the tears out of them. I was so downhearted, that it felt like I was falling in a pit with no bottom. I thought, thought and thought; the events before landing up in this apartment, lining up in my head like a well known script. My heart felt so heavy with pain, that my chest felt stuffy. And before I could do much about it, I was asleep. Or maybe unconscious; I couldn't really tell.

I woke up late the next morning, feeling much better. It seemed like emptying my eyes out last night had helped. I felt lighter. As if I had at least some strength to go on. Or just flow with wherever life was going to take me.

I then crawled out of my bed. My eyes fell on the door and that's when it struck me. I had gone to bed without unlocking the door! A pinch of guilt brushed over me. I mean I did find him annoying, but I wasn't that heartless. Oh Poor Jimin! Where had he sleep last night? On the couch?