Chapter 4-Inner voices

Willow walked over and put her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her and she smiled.

"Don't worry, we'll figure something out." I was getting warm again. Then she pat me on the back, I winced. I had a bunch of scratches on my back from a failed mission. I stood up quickly. She hastily put her hand back to her side.

"Don't-touch-my-back." I said, in one breath.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"I-It's ok."

We just sat there in silence, not knowing what to do. Then Willow broke it.

"Maybe Luz will know what to do." I flinched, then nodded. We started walking towards The Owl House. Willow knocked on the door, Luz answered.

"Oh hey Willow! What are you-" then she saw me. "Hunter? What are you doing here?" She gestured toward the inside of the house.

"I made a mistake." I said as we were walking in.

"It wasn't a mistake. You couldn't control it." Said Willow as Luz closed the door.

"What's going on?" Said Luz. We looked at her.

*

"Ok, so, lemme get this straight." Said Luz, half an hour later. "So you were distracted while talking to Belos and he looked into your mind, and he saw Willow and sent people to capture her?" We nodded. She just sat there in shock. Meanwhile, I was in an argument with myself.

Tell her!

No! Now is not the time! She's on the run because of me. If I put this information on her shoulders too then she'd probably faint!

No. If she told you she liked you, you would faint.

Isn't everybody the same?

No. You're just scared she won't like you back.

I-why do I even listen to you at all? Why do you even exist?

Everyone gets me in their mind at around the age of 12.

I've had you since I was 12?

Yeah, but you were too busy going on missions to realize me.

Huh.

Willow is thinking too.

She is?

Yeah, look at her twiddling her thumbs.

What does that have to do with anything?

You're doing it too.

I am? 

I looked down and saw that I was twiddling my thumbs too, I stopped immediately.

"Agh!" I yelped.

"Is something wrong?" Said Willow.

"N-No. It's ok."

We went back to our silence. I wondered what Willow was thinking about.

What if she's also thinking about how much she loves you?

I felt my face get warm again. Why does that voice exist?

Welcome to puberty.

Ugh, Your so stupid!

Ooo, self burn! Those are rare.

AGGGGH!

*

Willow POV:

Is he thinking too?

Yeah, probably 

I wonder what he's thinking about.

He's probably thinking on ways to get you out of this mess.

He's so nice. He came to get me when I was fighting the guards, he's making sure I'll be ok...

Yeah, he's cute too

He is.

Wait...

Wait...

DID I REALLY JUST SAY THAT?!?

My face started getting warm. A classic crush symptom.

Gather research. Do you feel embarrassed around him?

Well, now that I think about it, he is awfully close to me.

Do you look away from him when you make eye contact?

Lemme try...

...

Yep! Yep definitely!

Ok, next question.

Like, 2 seconds earlier.

Hunter POV:

I was getting bored. I looked around and made eye contact with Willow! I immediately turned away. My face getting hotter and hotter. Then I realized Luz was writing something on a notepad. I took a quick glance at it said:

Notes to look into later:

Does Hunter LIKE Willow???

Oh no.

I know it's short. I hope you like it anyways! This one is actually really funny. Anyways see you tomorrow!

Byyyyye!