thirteen

[ 3x2 ]

[ 3x2 ]

<><><><><>

Elliot found himself breathing heavily as he hiked behind Klaus and Stefan. Stefan held an unconscious, or rather dead, Ray over his shoulder.

"God, I'm so out of shape," Elliot grunted as he tripped over a rock. Being in hotel rooms all the time had him a lot less active than normal. He hadn't run away from Reed's angry face in a while.

Klaus looked back at the boy in amusement, but turned towards Stefan. "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine," Stefan grumbled.

"You sure about that?" Klaus rebutted. "You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down,"

"You know, I get that we're, uh, we're stuck together, Klaus," Stefan started. "But if we could maybe just skip the chit chat, it'd be great,"

"So much brooding," Elliot told Stefan. "If you're saying no just because 'Laus is the one asking, I can carry him," Both vampires looked at the boy with raised brows. "Yeah, I can carry a body," Eliot grimaced as he spoke, clearly trying to convince himself of his own statement.

Stefan and Klaus both ignored the comment. "Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend,"

"Maybe it's cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves," Stefan replied. Elliot raised his brows at the vampire, finally realizing that's what they've been up to this whole time. "We've been at it all summer,"

"Thanks to our pal Ray," Klaus lost his playful tone with Stefan as he looked at the group of people in the clearing. "We found ourselves a pack,"

Elliot slowed down and stood directly next to Klaus. He stepped a little closer to the hybrid when he saw how many werewolves were actually in the area. They were all doing mundane activities like setting up tents or moving supplies, but Elliot was still unsure about the species. The thought of Walker popped into his head. There was no way he would be scared of Walker, and he found himself worrying about the fact that Walker would have to go through his transformation alone.

Stefan roughly dropped Ray's body on the ground and a woman quickly ran over. "Ray! Oh, my god. What's going on? Who are you?"

Klaus pushed Elliot to stand behind Stefan as he walked forward to assert his dominance. "The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus,"

"You're the hybrid," The woman concluded.

"You've heard of me," Klaus smirked. "Fantastic,"

<><><><><>

Elliot had taken up his post between Stefan and Klaus on the rock. He felt very out of place and began to understand why Klaus kept him in the hotel rooms.