fourteen

[ 3x3 ]

[ 3x3 ]

<><><><><>

Elliot was lightly strumming his guitar as they drove through the night. Klaus had banished Stefan to the passenger seat, where he had managed to fall asleep. Klaus and Elliot had taken it upon themselves to lounge across the two back row seats of the SUV. 

"Why are we in a fancy car this time?" Elliot asked the hybrid, cringing at how flat one of his strings sounded. "With a driver?"

"Fits the environment," Klaus replied with an amused smile. "Stolen, dingy car for when we're out hunting in the wild; Fancy, chauffeured car for when we're finding help in the city,"

"Well, I'm not complaining. This car has a lot more room than the other one," Elliot got comfortable in his seat and closed his eyes. They didn't stay closed for long because one opened to see Klaus smiling at the boy. "Are you going to make me stay in a hotel?"

"No," Klaus told the boy. "We shouldn't have too much trouble here. We're meeting an old friend of mine,"

"In a city?" Elliot furrowed his brows. "I thought supernatural people hid in small towns and countrysides,"

Klaus laughed at the teen. "You're quite wrong about that. There are many vampires that prefer bustling cities to have their fun. The higher the population, the less attention they get. Meaning they can kill a lot easier,"

"Oh," Elliot mumbled, trying to tune his guitar and huffing when he couldn't do it by ear. "Wait, what city are we going to? Wait, are we here already?" Elliot had only just noticed the skyscrapers that surrounded the car.

"Welcome to Chicago, Elliot," Klaus grinned at the boy.

"Chicago?" Stefan questioned. 

"Welcome back, Stefan," Klaus smirked at the vampire, and Elliot could tell he knew more than he let on; but he normally does anyway. 

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked, stepping our of the car after Elliot and Klaus.

"I know how much you loved it here," Klaus replied, he opened the door of the warehouse and allowed the pair to see the cityscape. Elliot looked at the lights in awe. "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days,"

"Blocked out most of them," Stefan replied in his normal brooding manner. Elliot glanced at him in worry, wondering what could have been so bad to make him completely forget his time in the city. "A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur,"

"Well, that is a crying shame," Klaus smirked. "The details are what makes it legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun. Chicago was magical,"