Barbie as Rapunzel

So yeah, that's the pattern for these: barbie (adrienette), disney (ladynoir), then a movie in neither of those genres (whichever ship fits the movie best) (didn't do it last time cuz... well it's a long story.)

Marinette balled up the paper again, mentally cursing herself. She'd been trying to find out how to get around her friend's request for a while now.

"Is something wrong?" Alya asked, having noticed her grumbling.

"I don't know," she sighed. "I've been in a bit of a funk lately."

By lately, she meant a week.

Because a week ago, she and Adrien had been the stars of a movie.

She wasn't kidding; they'd traveled into her computer screen and replaced the roles of Clara and the Nutcracker. And ever since then, she'd been nonstop thinking about it.

Why did it even happen in the first place?

Why had time frozen outside the screen?

How were Clara and the Nutcracker adjusting to their new situation? After all, they literally missed out on the whole plot.

"Well, I still gotta say, your project the other day was awesome," Alya said, sitting down next to the bluenette.

Marinette knew; Alya still wouldn't stop talking about it. Even though she and Adrien had used the "twist up an old story you knew as a child" project as an excuse to write about their adventure. In fact, Alya had asked them only yesterday to keep going, hence Marinette's struggling.

Marinette didn't even know if anything would work again.

"Wait, so you think it might work again, whereas I'm convinced that it was a one and done thing," Marinette said out loud, she and Adrien staring at the large conspiracy board she had in her room, which was trying to help her explain the logic of their movie travel.

"I mean, there's always the chance," Adrien shrugged. "Why don't you try the second movie?"

Marinette pursed her lips together. She honestly couldn't argue with that perfect smile.

"Okay," she said, taking the DVD. "Here it is."

She quickly handed him the case.

"Barbie as Rapunzel," he read. "Now that's a lot of hair."

Marinette knew, which was why she was partially hoping it wouldn't work.

"I guess we're going for it," she said, sliding in the disc.

The movie began, and just as Barbie started her story...

The screen turned to light, and Marinette looked down to see it wrap around her wrists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette was right. The second the movie's world formed around her, she turned to see a long braid trailing down her back, stopping just at her feet. She was sitting in front of a nearly finished painting of a beach, a paintbrush in her hand. It definitely looked like Rapunzel had been working hard on it.

"Look at this!" a purple dragon-Penelope, according to the case-exclaimed. "I mean look at this! I can smell the salt water!"

Marinette giggled a little, trying to remember what Rapunzel would say during this scene.

"I guess I just really want to walk on a beach like this one someday," she sighed. "You know, not be stuck in this manor for all time."

Hobie, the rabbit, suddenly paused, his ears perking up.