Barbie Fairytopia

okay so back when i was doing this movie with the EQG (barbie adventure V), i rewatched it and i'm still bewildered i forgot everything about elina being brainwashed. like i legit had forgotten nearly everything about this movie somehow. maybe it was from watching too much "mermaidia" because i really didn't watch this one all that much growing up.

"So we're back on the Barbie route?" Adrien whispered.

Marinette pursed her lips together. "Not right now."

There were too many people around them. She was sure if they said the wrong thing someone in their class would figure out their secret.

"Right," he nodded and looked away. They had agreed that after their adventure in Narnia that keeping to a more lighthearted route would be easier on them. Marinette still kept talking about how terrifying it was to be at the Stone Table during that one specific scene (when they knew they'd be safe to talk about it, of course). 

"Seriously, you guys and how close you're getting isn't escaping my radar," Alya said. 

"Alya, it's nothing," Marinette moaned. "Will you stop pestering me?"

"Uh, no, because ever since you guys had to do that project you've been nothing but close buddies, to put things simply," Alya crossed her arms. "Seriously, what was happening when you were working on it?"

Uh, we fell into a movie? Marinette thought, but she used all her self-control not to accidentally blurt it out. "Look, it's way too hard to explain."

Alya rubbed her forehead. "Okay, I'll let you keep this little secret, but just know I've been noticing that every afternoon you're together you just get that much closer."

"Alya's on our trail," Marinette fretted. 

"Wait, what?" Adrien turned to her in surprise.

"She knows this secret's bringing us together and she's demanding to know why," she explained. 

"And we can't let her know why."

"Exactly. She'll think it's insane."

"Of course."

Both of them stood in silence for the longest of time. 

"Well, we still planned on visiting a movie today and I'm not one to change plans out of the blue," Adrien said. "Are we ready?"

Marinette finally smiled for what felt like the first time that day. "Let's do it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aw, no fair!" 

"What do you mean, no fair?"

Marinette sat on the large flower, fake-pouting like a spoiled child. Nothing had changed about her, but she'd been half-expecting it. 

"Look behind you," she said. 

Adrien did, and nearly screamed. 

On his back was a pair of wings

"Since when was I supposed to be able to fly!?" he cried. 

"Because we're obviously in Fairytopia, and I got stuck as Elina," Marinette said, looking up to see more fairies flying above, high in the sky. On her left, a familiar puffball was busy napping.