008

Y/n's POV

It's been 2 days since the encounter with Troy. The boys are at they're first day of high school. (I know I said it was August 1st in the second chapter but let's just pretend.)

I was just laying on my couch. Yes I have claimed it as mine.

Jane was sitting on the floor watching soap operas.

"Hey Jane?" She looked at me, "Do you wanna go to the arcade?" I asked. She hesitated a bit before nodding her head.

"Hey Jim! Me and Jane are going to the arcade!" I yelled.

"Be home by 6:00!" He yelled.

"Okay!" I yelled, finishing our conversation.

I lead Jane out the door.

"Hey N/n?" Jane asked, looking down at her shoes.

"Yeah?"

"I don't know what arcade is.." She seemed embarrassed.

"Don't worry, it's a place where you play video games," I said reassuringly, but as always I didn't smile.

"Video games?"

"It's like D&D but on a screen, and also completely different games..." I tried explaining, Jane just looked at me weirdly, "You'll see," I said, not wanting to try and explain again.

We silently walked out of the forest. It was about 2:30 pm, so the boys will out of school in around half an hour.

We finally reached the sidewalk, and started making our way to the arcade.

"So Jane," I started a conversation, as the silence was getting uncomfortable.

"Yeah?"

"Is Mike your boyfriend!" I yelled. She slapped her hand over my mouth and looked around. People were staring but I didn't care. Jane seemed to though, "Jane it's fine they don't even know who we are,"

She hesitated before answering my question, "I don't know,"

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"He has not ask me," She seemed a little disappointed. I rubbed her back.

"He'll ask you one of these days," I said.

"Promise?" She asked.

"Promise," I replied.

I looked up and saw that we were right outside the arcade. I grabbed Jane's hand and pulled her inside. I ran towards dig dug.

"You need money," Jane observed.

"No, normal people need money, I just need to do this," I kicked the side of the game and pressed the start button as fast as I could.

The game started and I played for a couple minutes before dying (I've never played dig dug so I don't know how it works.) I looked at the score board and saw that I was in second place, right under someone named MadMax. I looked over at Jane to see an amazed look on her face, she was just staring at the screen.

"Do you want to play?" I asked, she just nodded her head. I moved over.

She kicked the side on the game and smashed her hand down on the play button, the game started. She played for about 2 minutes before she died. Just then the arcade door opened, we looked over and saw a red-head with freckles and blue eyes, she was holding a skate board in her right hand. She walked toward us.

"Oh Eleven, nice to see you!" She exclaimed, Jane slightly glared at her. The red-head turned to me, "And you are?"

"Y/n," I said sweetly, with no smile obviously.

"I'm Max, it's nice to meet you,"

"Nice to meet you too," I said as I moved away from the game pulling Jane with me. I'm guessing this is MadMax.

She was about to put money in,

"Wait!" I said grabbing her hand, she looked at me weirdly, god, I'm so socially awkward, "You don't have to use money. See?" I said quickly kicking the side of the machine and pressing the play button. I moved out of the way so she could play.

"Thanks," she said a little confused.

"When the game shakes, the machine thinks there's money that was just put in, if you push the play button fast enough you get to play the game for free." I said. She nodded in response, as she already started the game.

"Hey guys," We heard someone say. I turned around and saw Mike, Will, Lucas, and Dustin.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey best Friend!" Dustin exclaimed, putting his arm around me.

"I see you've met Max already," Mike said, I nodded and looked towards him, he had his arm around Jane, I winked at her. Her cheeks were tinted pink.

"So Mike, how much do you like Jane?" I asked as if I was truly interested. His cheeks burned a bright red.

"Umm, a lot, I guess," he answered shyly, looking down in order to hide his red face. The boys and Max laughed as she had finished her game. I saw Will silently walk over to Pac-Man, I followed him.

"Hey," I said walking over to Will, who was about to pay for the game. I gently grabbed his hand and moved it away, showing him how to play for free.

"Hey," He said breathlessly.

"So, how was your first day on high school?" I asked, while he started the game.

"It was... fine, I guess," he answered, quickly dying in the game.

"Hey, is everything alright?" I questioned, genuinely concerned.

"Um, can we talk outside?" He asked, answering my question with a another question.

"Sure," I replied, a concerned look on my face. As we walked outside, his hand brushed mine, the sudden contact sent shivers up my spine. I'm confused, Why is this happening to me?

We sat down on a bench not far from the arcade.

"What's wrong Will?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"Well, umm... there's this person,"