Born as a Deity

Grey

I knew I had died. 

Either I was stabbed, or poisoned, anyway, it didn't matter. 

I was dead. 

There were numerous people who would benefit from this. In fact, I also knew this was going to happen when I decided to step back from the position of King.

A warrior that can't be controlled is useless. 

But it's strange...

Instead of darkness, I can see a light.

A light at the end of a tunnel.

I'm swimming through the tunnel, which was weird since I can't swim. 

My...friends had tried to take me to a pool before, and I had almost drowned 6 times.

As I was lost in these petty thoughts, the light was starting to touch me. 

Every part of my body it grazed, burned like it had been thrown into a lava mountain. 

But I didn't feel like screaming...

The only thing I felt doing was...crying. 

"Congratulations My Lord, it is a prince." A woman clad in clothes that were only worn in hospitals was talking to a man. 

While holding the urge to cry my eyes out, I swept my gaze throughout the room. There seemed to be only 4 people in the room. But what left me speechless was that it looked like...I was just given birth to.

WTF!?! 

Did I just come out of...? W-Was the tunnel in fact...?

A-Anyway! Brushing over that short lived thought, it did seem that I had been born again. Perhaps the shock hadn't hit me yet. Because instead of being surprised at my reincarnation, I was trying to discern the faces of my...family.

The only man in the room was my father...but what was confusing was that he didn't look any older than a man in his early twenties. His looks were above average, his wheat colored hair was odd, and his cold yet kind expression he showered me with was awkward to say the least. What was most striking about him were his purple, galaxy eyes. I felt like I would get lost in the void if I stared at them too long, doomed to float for eternity never to return.

"He has your eyes, father." A girl standing on her tip toes, trying to show me she was taller than she actually was made a comment about my features. Considering she called him father, I guess she was my sister? I don't know how I feel about that...being the younger sibling, for some reason, agitated me. She also tried to pinch my cheeks, at which our father swatted away her hand and rebuked her. That's right! Stay away from me!

"He has my eyes." My father exclaimed while craftily holding in his emotions. He then very carefully, as if handling a sacred object (which I was), handed me over to my...mother. 

My mother.

I had no time to analyze her looks or her expression. 

For as soon as she said, "Hello there, little Alcaeus." 

And kissed me on my forehead. 

Some sort of liquid flowed from my eyes, and I passed out.