Lances Gather(short)

Aya Grephin

We were underground, outside a prison cell.

By we, I mean Varay, Bairon, Alea and I.

Inside the cell laid Mica and Olfred, still unconscious.

Their bodies didn't look that injured though, so they should wake up soon.

"Um, Bairon, are you alright?" Alea addressed the human Lance.

He was...not in the right mind. Well, your King is dead and the person who killed him roams free like a boss. So, I suppose his anger is justified.

He punched a wall and made a dent, this place wasn't meant for Lances, it was meant for normal criminals.

"Shit...! This isn't...!"

"Bairon, get yourself together. A war is coming, a war with powerful enemies." Varay said something that made the room temperature drop.

I swear, that girl needs to get fucked daily or her personality fucks us.

"That's right, we need to do everything we can to prepare." Alea agreed.

"That's not it." Bairon argued. "I'm glad that the Asura are here to help us. Without them, we wouldn't even have known that the enemy was already at our doorstep."

"Hmm? Then, why are you angry?" I asked.

"Tch, I wanted to kill that piece of shit myself!"

Pfft- Blaine, you lived a terrible life.

"E-Ehhhh..." Alea was shocked, this innocent girl.

Then followed a few stories about how Blaine treated his Lances. Varay didn't try to stop Bairon this time. I think she's also glad that her 'master' is dead.

Mica woke up, and we explained the situation to her.

"Aw, shucks! Why did no one tell Mica she was protecting a traitor? Geez, my loyalty is with our continent, you guys know that right?"

"Well, as of this moment, we don't know anything." I voiced my true opinion.

"Anyway, why has Olfred not woken up yet? Mica is worried. Isn't Olfred tougher than Mica?" she asked.

(A/N: Ffs i hate characters who talk in third person.)

We went back and forth on it. The best answer was that he was exhausted.

Then suddenly, Varay chipped in, "I didn't want to think about this ever, but..."

"But?" Alea asked with a confused face while I picked up on the hint.

"...Olfred might also be a traitor."