Heartbreak (Short)

Kezess Indrath

A Father is something I'm proud to be.

A Leader is something I dread I have to be.

And being both at the same time, is a cruelty that fate has bestowed upon me.

"WHY DID YOU TOOK HIM AWAY FROM ME!?!"

It broke my heart to hear my daughter shout those words at me. And it broke once more when I gave her the same censored reason I gave to the other Clan heads. 

Maybe one day she'll learn the truth. And maybe- No, she'll definitely hate me for it. Sylvia is the kindest soul in this world, one that deserves a better father.

"Dear, are you okay?" Myre walked into our bedroom and asked after spotting me on the chair.

"Myre, I..." But I couldn't find the words to say to her. I had just sent her daughter's lover away, what could I even-

"I gave you advice. Your vassals gave you advice. But in the end, you're the one who made the decision."

"...I know that."

"I am angry....but I also know the truth. Mistakes of the past will always keep trying to claw away at your skin. But Dear, you must not surrender to them." Her expression was full of pity and understanding as she glanced over me. Taking a seat besides me, she put my head on her shoulder.

"First Alcaeus, and now Sylvia...Myre, we must to find a way to wake Alcaeus up." My eyes were focused and scowling as my gaze pierced the table in front of us.

"Yeah, we must." 

Stricken by grief, we laid together for the first time since Alcaeus was born, and slept away our guilt. For tomorrow is a new day, and the Asuras need Kezess Indrath.

.

.

.

.

Note: If you haven't guessed it by now, I can't really make Kezess the evil person everyone wants him to be(although i personally like his original version). He is Arthur's father. 

Ayt Now all 'Arthur's should be fixed to Alcaeus...hopefully