Conversation

Virion Eralith

"My sister needs to rest, let's talk somewhere else." Lord Alcaeus told us and I began guiding them to the meeting room where Alduin usually meets guests.

While walking, I occasionally glanced back at him. 

His eyes were looking at the back of my head, but his gaze seemed to pierce everything in its sight. 

He looked quite young...a teenager, I would guess. Whether he really was, or Asuras grew different than us, I didn't know.

He was also distracted.

If a human stepped foot in this castle, he would stop at every step to admire the intricate details with which our city was built. 

To Lord Alcaeus, he was probably in the slums of Epheotus.

"Don't worry, your city is quite beautiful." He suddenly stated.

Did he read my mind!?!

I looked towards Alea and Aya, asking if they sensed any use of mana.

No...he just read my expression...

Looks like he isn't a teenager...

Eventually, we arrived at the table and the Asura was sat at the King's place.

"You should call the other races here, there's a lot I need to explain to you." 

"T-That is...!" My son flinched at that comment.

"Umm, Lord Alcaeus, the races on this continent don't get along well. There are talks of an alliance but..." I told him.

Ever since we found evidence of another continent spying on us, we knew that all 3 races need to present a united front. But then, Tessia got kidnapped.

Alduin hates the humans with a passion, and his wife is of the same mind.

I'd like persuade him to move on and think about the future, but my own heart is filled with doubt. 

Even though I got my granddaughter back from the slave traders, it left an impression on all elves that can't be eroded so quickly.

 "Are you guys idiots..." the Asura sighed in disappointment.

I understand and agree with his sigh, as weird as that sounds.

"I'm going to tell you about the world that you live in. Share whatever parts of it you want with the humans and dwarves, and tell their leaders to report here. This is an order, not a negotiation."

"Understood, Lord Alcaeus." Maybe this was the missing piece that we needed.

As he began explaining, my jaw dropped more and more.

I told him that the Lances were our strongest forces, and they were only 6 in number.

But according to Lord Alcaeus, just one person from the other continent, Alacrya, could defeat all of them at once. Given that such persons were rare, they weren't Asuras. 

"There is a treaty that states that Agrona, and his fellow Asuras can't directly interfere in any war. And make no mistake, Agrona will declare war on you. Every Alacryan's body has been transformed over the years by thorough experimentation by the Vritra, and he will do the same to you. This is all in order to build a force that could potentially rival Epheotus." he took a deep breath before continuing. "You can't win a war against them. Not because you're weaker, but because they are already here."

"Wha-What!?!" I screamed.

"That artifact you found is old, older than the ones they currently have. They no longer need those to spy on you, because their soldiers have infiltrated your continent. I don't know the exact details, but they have military bases in Dicathen, specifically the Beast Glades."

This information was scary, too scary. 

(A/N: If you're wondering how Alcaeus knows all this, Seris told him.)

"Moreover, you're Lessers. Agrona will tempt you with false promises and you will accept. Its in your nature to worry about yourself before your population." 

I wanted to disagree with him, but I couldn't bring myself to raise my voice. And I couldn't deny that the Glayders and Greysunders wouldn't walk the path that he just described.

"As long as we stay here, I don't mind helping you prepare. There's still a lot you don't know. But if you want to survive, you need to survive as a continent. So, call the other races here. I'm going to take a walk." 

He left the room, taking Aya with him as his guide.

Taking a walk...he doesn't expect the other leaders to get here before he finished walking, right?

...

Alcaeus Indrath

I was randomly walking around the castle. I had only brought Aya with me because I was lacking mana, and I didn't want Sylvia to not be able to sense me if in need.

Thinking I needed her assistance, the black haired elf spoke up.

"Lord Alcaeus, should I guide you to our garden?" She asked.

I nodded, might as well.

As she was walking in front of me, I decided to empty my mind and actually make it a walk.

It was then that I noticed the female elf was swaying her hips more than necessary, like a model. 

I shook my head and averted my gaze. 

Along our journey, several maids and soldiers bowed, to me more than to Aya. I suppose they had declared our presence, which wasn't preferable but I can't exactly stop them after we walked in the middle of the city. Although, I wonder what Virion told them to make them so scared.

Before long, we arrived at our destination, and I told her to wait at the entrance.

 The air here was nicer than around Seris' mansion or the castle. I could actually relax for a moment. 

As I kept walking, I noticed there was a figure sitting under a tree near the edge. A few more steps and you could see that this platform is almost a hundred meters above the ground. 

It was a silver-haired elf. Her face resembled the royal couple, perhaps a relative. Although her body seemed unusual, too skinny, even for an elf.

If I'm going to walk around her, might as well alert her of my presence.

Thinking that, I made my way to the tree, unknowing of the headache I was about to acquire.

.

.

.

.

(A/N: I am suffering from more than just jet lag. Next two chapters are out on my Patreon!)