The City Life?

Alcaeus Indrath

Looks like Cylrit is following me, probably as a fail safe. 

Hmm, let's see. I don't have the currency they use here, meaning I can't just pass my time in a hotel. Or I could, and then run away before its time to pay. But if they ask for payment upfront, that plan won't work.

The next best thing would be to spend my night in a bar or tavern and then go sight seeing during the day. Naturally, I'll run before its time to pay my tab.

The worst plan would be to work.

By that time, I had walked for about 20 minutes and was in a downtown type area. To be honest, I was standing out quite a bit. 

Thanks to Seris, my clothes fit in place. But my complexion and features were grabbing attention on their own. 

Suddenly, an older gentleman approached. He wasted no time in introducing himself and shaking my hand.

"Have you ever considered doing modelling?"

I don't think I've heard a worse joke in my life. 

"Um, no, I don't think so." I asked with a sweaty brow. 

"But your face! Your proportions! They're perfect! As if you were sculpted by High Sovereign himself! Please, take this card and contact me." Apparently he was in a hurry tonight.

So the citizens here treat Agrona like a God, pathetic.

-Geh, I should've asked him for a place to stay! 

"Hey, handsome." 

Great, another person who thinks I want to talk to them.

This time, it was a prostitute, I think.

"Looking for someone to spend the night with?" She had golden hair, most likely unnatural. The outfit she was wearing was surprisingly modest.

"Maybe." I answered. This could be my chance.

"You do look like someone with a biiiiig mansion, am I right-"

"A mansion!" I interrupted whatever she was saying.

Of course! The mansion where I first arrived!

They already know about me. Its better to bother them again rather than create another trail that could lead back to Seris.

I pushed her aside and started making my way through the crowd.

Somewhere along the line, I snatched a hood to cover my face.

I had a general sense of direction as to where I needed to go. But since we had taken a portal, I didn't know how far I would have to run. After clearing the city and the people, I dropped the hood and opened a couple buttons on my jacket. 

Apologizing to Cylrit in my mind, I took off. Once high up in the air, I considered transforming, but decided against it. It took me a couple hours to fly to my destination. 

There were guards outside the mansion. 

Knocking them out wouldn't be ideal, I guess I'll just sneak my way through.

Activating Mirage Walk, I climbed the wall and flipped over the spikes. Spotting a nearby window, I climbed in. The inside was considerably warmer than the outside, even though my body wasn't affected by either.

Looks like the family is about to eat dinner, perfect timing.

Not to alarm them, I walked with heavy footsteps so they could hear me coming. 

"Ah, Lord Grey, you have arrived." The man who I had knocked out earlier in the day greeted me.

...what?

"Hahaha, there's no need to apologize for the earlier misunderstanding, Scythe Seris already explained it to us. She also said you'll be staying here for the night since you have business in Central Dominion. We have already prepared a room for you." The woman said.

"Ah, Thank you, Lenora." Thankfully, Seris had told me their name.

So that bitch predicted I would end up coming here. Somehow I don't feel like staying here anymore.

I joined them for dinner. After that, Corbett asked the young woman to escort me around the house.

As we were walking, I decided to apologize.

"Caera, right? I'm sorry for this morning."

She swirled her navy hair as she turned around with a bright smile.

"Ah, there's no need to apologize. I heard from Scythe Seris how you had an injury that made you lose your memory." 

"Right."

"Mh-hmm."

"You look...cheerful." I said that because it was a big contrast from when I saw her last time.

"W-Well, of course I'm happy." She was embarrassed that she showed her emotions so easily. "It's been forever since I had a spar with anyone except Seris. I'm so glad you offered to train me for the next two days."

.............I did?

"I did?"

"Hmm?" She looked at me with a confused look.

"Ah, I mean, on second thoughts, maybe you should decline my offer. After all, Seris is better at teaching than me." I told her, with hope in my heart. I also took note of how she was addressing the Scythe more casually than anyone else.

"Fufufu, Seris said you would say that."

Of course she did.

"No need to be so modest, Lord Grey. I know your skills are unmatched, even by Scythes. I have always wanted to meet someone who focused on technique rather than power." She was giggling.

This was getting scary. First she picked the name Grey, and now this.

"Um, Caera, what else did Seris tell you about me?" I nervously smiled as we stood outside the door of my room for the night. 

Why is that woman doing this to me...

Oh, Sylvia...