Uto vs Dicathen

Bairon Wykes

I slowly stood back up and cracked my neck to get rid of the headache.

Tch, this guy...he's completely toying with me.

I was going to rush in again, to keep his attention on myself. But I felt a tinge of mana prick me on my face.

Looks like Aya is back.

I conjured a spear and flung it at the enemy. 

"Ha, you seriously don't learn, huh? That puny attack isn't going to do anything-" He swiped his hand and created another one of those metal structures to protect him.

But the direction he was looking was the opposite from the attack, and the spear hit him in the back.

It couldn't pierce him, however, but still did damage. Plus, it pissed him off.

"Argh! Fuck! That illusion mage is fucking annoying! She'll be the first one I'll make my slave!"

Ignoring his yellings, I fired again. 

He got hit seven times, and the effect was finally visible. 

But what I didn't know, was that he wasn't focused on defending at all. 

As soon as the seventh spear hit him, he yelled, "I finally found you, bitch!"

A flurry of metal spikes sprouting from the ground made its way to the place where Aya was hiding. 

'No! We need her!'

I thought if Varay could get here in time, then both of them could defeat this thing. So, I used superior speed and defended Aya.

The spikes hit me in my arm, and one in my abdomen. I threw up some blood, but wasn't incapacitated.

I looked up, expecting another attack coming. 

But instead, I saw Mica slamming her hammer onto the monster.

I don't doubt that he was also suffering from her gravity magic.

A vicious smile made its way to my face as I thought, 'Serves you right.'

I pulled the metal out of my body, and was about to cauterize my wounds. But before I could do that, they were frozen instead.

Aya tapped my shoulder and told me to look up.

Varay was flying on top of the battlefield like an angel descending from heaven.

I turned around to tell Aya that it was time to finish this, but my eyes widened at the scene.

A spike had pierced her from the back, and only just missed her core. That wound was also frozen now.

"Haaa...I think...he can create these from shadows. Any shadows." She told me.

I could see Mica struggling to keep up with the onslaught and sure enough, the elf was right...

The spikes weren't necessarily coming from the enemy.

And even when they did, they weren't a chain of attacks.

No, rather, when he created a spike, it cast a shadow in the direction he wanted to attack. Every single metal piece was independent, and created from nothingness.

"What's with this ridiculous magic..." I mumbled.

Suddenly, an epiphany hit me. 

Shadows...so that's why he was having trouble with my attacks.