Destruction

Alcaeus Indrath

I had succeeded in making a second Layer.

It increased my capacity to hold Aether by more than tendfold.

I didn't ignore the pain- it simply vanished.

The increased capacity boosted my ability to heal to the point even my damaged mana vessels were repaired. 

Its as if I gained insight into Aether itself. My control was becoming more and more natural. Just like mana used to be, Aether felt a part of me. Unlike in Realmheart, where using this power felt like swinging around a heavy-ton hammer, now Aether reached my hand before I wanted it to.

Not wasting another second, I leapt through the portal to the next zone. 

I wanted to show Sylvia my newfound powers. 

Wishing the next zone was an exit, its safe to say I was surprised when confronted by a translucent man covered in a purple hue.

It hit me then. 

When did I come here? How did I come here?

Was I brought here?

Rinia's story...

That 'Elder' was able to reach and manipulate me when I was in Alacrya. What's stopping him from doing the same again?

Sure, Rinia could have been protecting me. But nothing is a hundred percent safe.

The last thing I saw was a creepy grin.

The last words I heard were, "That bitch should learn her lesson now."

...

The next time I came to, Sylvia was shouting at me to stop.

Stop what?

My pain receptors activated, and I was informed of a sizzling pain on my lower back. 

A godrune was stealing my Aether to run rampant. 

My eyes' light returned, and I noticed the area around me being devoured like food for a beast.

A massive grin must've been plastered on my face, because I was enjoying what was happening.

"More...more...destroy...everything...more..." 

My lips were moving without me commanding them to. 

I was in ecstasy. 

I was relishing the destruction.

A blunt blade hit the side of my head. 

I wasn't knocked out, but tumbled forward to stay on two feet.

I heard Sylvia's voice again.

"Alcaeus! Take a hold of yourself!"

I widened my eyes in realization.

Immediately, I tried to cut off the supply to the Rune of Destruction.

 But it was no good. Even though my mind had recovered, my heart still wanted...more.

I made a sharp Aether blade in my hand, and stabbed my leg. 

Using the pain to reset my brain, I finally turned the rune off. 

The destructive waves died down and revealed the scorched earth beneath. 

I looked to my left, and fortunately Sylvia was unharmed. 

I guess even in an unconscious state, I wasn't going to hurt her. It relieved me to know that.

"Alcaeus?" Sis asked in a questioning tone.

"Yeah, I'm here...I'm awake." I answered in a hurry.

Looking at her desperate expression, I was filled with guilt once more.

Shit...I need to explain, but I don't remember myself.

.

.

.

.

(A/N: Its short, but I wanted to update regardless.)