The Abyss

Disclaimer: I know I took too long of a break, but it is what it is. This chapter sets up the main story.

Sylvia Indrath

I was running towards Alcaeus after watching him collapse, mother was right beside me. I was panicking inside. What was happening?

Alcaeus had just coughed up enough blood to kill any Asura...but! But! He can't die!

He's my little brother! He can't d-die...!

"Ally!"

I was running my hands all over his body, trying to look for any wounds. Mother, gaining her calm quicker than me, checked for a pulse and heartbeat.

"He's alive." She whispered. That made me come back to my senses as well. 

"But...But what happened to him? Why did he suddenly...?" I questioned her. Hoping that one of the most skilled healers in the world can provide me with an answer. At this point, unchecked tears were running down my cheeks and my hands were clenching Ally's, as if refusing to let him go.

I heard a loud explosion behind us. I turned my head to see that Father had burst through his room's wall to reach us.

"Myre! What happened to Alcaeus?" He bent down across us and demanded an answer. 

"I...don't know. He seems to be sleeping peacefully. All of his functions are working properly as well...but this amount of blood....its as if the blood came from somewhere else. A different dimension." Mother explained her analysis while cradling Ally's head in her lap. 

I was astounded. A different dimension? But that would mean he had already reached Realmheart for goodness' sake!

"...I see. His core...it was silver until a few minutes ago. I had checked it myself. But now, its on par with Sylvia's." Father narrowed his eyes and deduced something that we had overlooked.

"Par with mine? But his body is not yet-" It finally clicked.

Ally wasn't even a year old yet. He was, for some reason, developing his mana channels and core at a rapid speed that far surpassed anyone, except perhaps Father's. But his body never got time to adjust to his new core, and he collapsed from some sort of mana exhaustion. 

The question now was, when will we wake up?

Alcaeus Indrath

Huh? Where am I?

I am standing on water. Literally, without using any mana.

Also, the water seemed...weird. Rather than water, it was more of a purple slimy surface. It reminded me of the description of the aether orb that my father told me about.

The last thing I remember before waking up here was passing out, and the screams of Mother and Sis. I hope they're not worrying too much...I know they care a lot about me. And I finally gained a family, so I'd do anything to not lose them. 

Well, with my underdeveloped body, it doesn't look like I'll have a chance at escaping whatever this is. 

So might as well continue my training. Now then, let's see how far has my core-

WHAT!?! Past the white stage!??!?

How did this even happen? 

Fuck...now I don't know what to do. I was supposed to get an instructor who would guide to the ways of Asura fighting. 

Tch! Guess I can repeat the practices from my previous world. And I remember some moves from the books in Mother's library...

As I was thinking that, something fell on my head and knocked me over. 

'Ouch, ouch...' I rubbed my head with small tears in my eyes. Throwing something on a baby's head? Who would do something like tha-

I looked over, and, the thing that had fallen on top of me was a pretty huge book. No wonder it hurt like hell.

Slowly and cautiously, I opened the book, and what I saw was almost made me faint again.

I was reading the difficult text like I had read it 100 times before. My eyes gauging over every word and ingraining it in my memory. The book contained the fighting techniques of every Asura clan in existence, even the Phoenixes'. And it was detailed beyond comprehension. It also had the ways of the Aether, and how to learn every branch inscribed in it.

Just who had written this? And why did it fell on top of me while I was stuck in this weird dimension? Anyway, there was one thing that was certain.

It was time to get strong af.

Sylvia Indrath

It has been 2 years since Ally went under. Mother has been glued to his bedside, well, not that I'm any different. 

We have tried several things to try and wake him up. Including trying to drown him. Oh boy, was that an eventful day.

"Slyvia" I heard the voice of my best friend, Cora calling me out.

"Ah geez, don't shout so loud. What is it, Cora?" I spoke back in an annoyed voice. I was currently reading a book on people who went into an eternal sleep and didn't want to be disturbed.

"You idiot! What are you doing sitting there!?!" She spat back.

"Ha? What do you mean?" I was confused. I had never seen her this worked up before.

"Agrona has been banished to Alacrya!"

.

.

.

.