10. Drawings.

Chapter five:
The Nina project

The next morning I was sitting at the kitchen table with max and holly. We couldn't sleep....
Ted and Karen were in the kitchen.

We both had headphones on, playing our songs on repeat. Good precautions I guess.

"There." I pointed as max was colouring and adding things to our drawings, both of us trying to remember every detail.

"Morning guys! Everything okay?" Karen exclaimed as a very worried looking Dustin and Nancy arrived upstairs.

"Yeah, yeah everything's okay

"Yeah, yeah everything's okay." Nancy stated.
Max and I smiled at them as I pointed out another missing detail on the artwork.

"I think it's so sweet you guys are sticking together like this." Karen stated.
"You could try sticking together at a different house for a change." Ted added.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the drawings.
"You know you're welcome here anytime." Karen told Dustin as Nancy walked over.

"Totally you're like family." Dustin smiled. "May I?" He asked pointing at the pancakes on the counter.

"Absolutely."
"Yeah why not, take us for all we're worth." Ted added sarcastically.

He really got on my nerves sometimes.
"Okay." Dustin smiled cheekily and started piling pancakes onto his plate.

"Hey." Max said as Nancy sat down and we both moved the headphones around our necks.

"Hey, you okay?" Nancy asked us.
"Never better." I smiled.
"Just couldn't sleep, people kept blasting music in our ears for some reason." Max added.

We all smiled.
"But Holly let her dear old sister borrow some of her crayons, we've been having a fun morning right holly?" I asked.

She just kept playing with her lite brite.
"Is this what you saw last night?" Nancy asked pointing at the drawings.

We both nodded.
"I mean it's supposed to be." Max stated.
"I thought it might be easier to draw it out than explain it, you know like we did with Will." I explained.

"But not so much." Max sighed.
"I think it's pretty accurate." I defended.

"Is that?" Nancy asked pointing at the picture of Fred and Chrissy all contorted.
"It was like they were on display." Max almost whispered.

Images of Fred and Chrissy against those rocks flashing through my head.

"There was this red fog everywhere

"There was this red fog everywhere." I added.
"Like a dream." Max stated.
"A nightmare." I corrected.

"You think vecnas trying to scare you?" Nancy interrogated.
"Part of it."
"With billy, yeah. But when I made it here, I dunno something was different, he seemed surprised almost, like he didn't want me there." Max explained.

"Maybe you infiltrated his mind." Dustin spoke up as he sat down.
We all looked at him.

"He invaded your mind, right? Fee invaded yours and his-" Dustin started.
"Yeah but she has superpowers and he's from the upside down." Nancy interrupted.

"Still is it that big a leap to suggest that max somehow wound up in his? Like Freddy Krugers boiler room." Dustin exclaimed.

"Freddy Krueger?" Holly frowned.
"He's a super burned up dude with razors for fingers." I dismissed quickly.

"And he kills you in your dreams." Dustin added.
"Seriously!?" Nancy asked in disbelief.

"Sorry, holly it's a stupid movie that Steve and Robin wanted to watch, it's not real." I explained.
"It's not stupid-" Dustin started but stopped when I shot him a look that said 'shut up, not now'

"Think about it, what if you somehow unlocked a back door to vecnas world." Dustin theorized.
" it's possible." I stated. " in some ways I've done it before, with the upside down." I explained.

Everyone nodded numbly.
"Maybe we can find an answer in these extremely vague drawings." Dustin sighed.

"Can't you just show us the memory?" Nancy asked me.
I exchanged a look with max.
"No." I stated.
"Why not?" Dustin asked.

"You don't want to see." I shook my head remembering how scared I was.
We all sighed.
Dustin squinted at one of the drawings.

"God we need Will." He sighed.
"Agreed." I sighed too.
" yeah, No shit."

"I tried calling them again this morning but it's the same busy signal." I explained, I was so worried about them.

"Is this a window?" Nancy asked picking up a drawing.
"Yeah." I nodded.
"Stained glass with roses."

"Yeah, see I'm not so terrible after all." Max added.
"Yeah well it helps that I've seen it before." Nancy explained.

Nancy began folding the pages and putting them together, slowly it started forming a house.

She used a sharpie to outline everything.
"It's pieces of a house." Max and I stated in unison.

"Not just any house, it's Victor Creels house." Nancy exclaimed.

She got up and started walking away

"Where are you going?" Dustin asked.
"To wake the others." She answered.

"Fuel for the road, thanks Mr wheeler." Dustin called as he grabbed some bacon and ran after Nancy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
814 words.
Edited and proofread
Hope you enjoyed