Chapter Nine

" Reagan come on, please. You look like shit. You haven't moved in two days, you haven't slept or eaten anything. Please tell me what to do for you. Your scaring me!" I probably look better than I feel, I'm tired to the point of having a permanent headache and I'm pretty sure I can physically feel the bags under my eyes, I'm hungry to the point where my stomach has resorted to eating itself. I'm also pretty sure I lost my ass as I can no longer feel it as a result of sitting on it for two days. "can we go for a walk" all sleep deprivation and starvation aside I was more concerned with getting feeling back into my ass. " what?" I turn my head to look at a confused logan " I can't feel my ass, could we go for a walk" he rubs his hands over his face and looked at me frustrated "seriously? you don't move or say anything for two days and instead of asking for sleep or food, you want to go for a fucking walk in eight feet of fucking snow in below-zero weather! You have got to be fucking joking" I shake my head and look at him with a face void of emotion " no I'm not joking. I'm going for a walk with or without you. I'll find something to eat" he opens his mouth to probably yell at me more but he decided against it and just nods and says " fucking hell, fine. let's go" he walks out of the room and leaves me to layer on as many clothes as I can.

Walking feels weird after not doing it for two days, my legs are shakey and I seem to almost fall over a lot.

Once I'm all bundled up I walk downstairs to find Lexa sleeping next to a snoring Deacon, an almost smile creeps up on my face as I look at them. I then walk outside to see logan waiting for me with his arms crossed. Without saying anything to him I walk past him and head in the opposite direction of the small town, behind me I hear a huff and a groan coming from logan as he follows behind me.

The crisp cold air feels good on my face, it's like a cold kiss. As we walk through the feet of snow I just opt to focus on watching my hot breath create steam. It's better than having my mind wander to the one thing I want never to think about again. "Reagan where are we going?" logan catches up to me and is now in stride with me. I shrug, I don't fucking know. I literally just wanted to get out of that fucking house, I think but don't say. logan stops and grabs one of my shoulders, stopping me in my tracks. " can you please talk to me? what happened? What's going on? did I do something?" his last question was like a stab to my heart. No, he didn't do anything, but how could I be so stupid to make him think that way?

I turn and look up at him, I shake my head " no. No, you didn't do anything. I'm so sorry if I made you think that. It wasn't my intention, I... I just don't know how to talk about what happened. Not yet." I lower my head suddenly feeling extreme guilt for putting him through such hurt. logan slides his finger under my chin, lightly lifting it so I'll look in his eyes " I know, just please don't push me away, and stop hurting yourself" I nod and reach up to put my hand on his cheek and lightly rub my thumb "I'm so sorry, I never meant to push you away. It's just that a lot of things remind me of.... him.. and what he.. what he did." logan had a puzzled look on his face again as he grabbed my hand from his cheek and held it in both of his. " what do you mean? who's he? and what the fuck did he do to you?" looking down again I began to explain my nightmare "..... he was there, the redhound leader that bit me he... he was the one that attacked us at the farm. I know how it sounds but I can feel it, I was somehow allowed to see what happened after we left but not exactly he was there, he was somehow in my head with me. He touched me and said he missed me. I think somehow when he bit me he... I don't know linked us. Some times I can still feel him, it makes my skin crawl and my stomach knot."

" Are you sure it wasn't just a nightmare" I look at him with my jaw dropped, and punch his chest " I knew you wouldn't believe me! it wasn't just a dream! asshole! I shoot flames out of my hands and can make things float but this is what you have a hard time believing! SERIOUSLY!!" I push him again with more strength than I thought I had, and it knocks him back into a pile of snow. I then run off into a nearby abandoned building, wanting to be alone.

******

"asshole" I mutter once I'm inside, the building has about three or four floors. So I take my time and just look around. There's not much left of the building yet I still make my way up to the highest floor. I open the stairway door and out slides either a dead or unconscious man. He looks to just be unconscious, I touch his skin, and he's still warm to the touch though he's probably freezing. I take a closer look at the man and take a guess that he's probably no more than two years older than me, he's also really attractive. Like extremely. He has long curly brown hair, a defined nose, and a beautifully shaped face. He's also wearing nothing more the ripped jeans and a ripped t-shirt. What the hell? he should have frozen to death. I take off some of my layers and start putting them on him when I realize that he's bleeding, but I can't find from where. shit!!

" LOGAAAN!!" I yell and wait for logan, it takes him only a few minutes to run up the stairs to where I am. He finds me sitting on the floor with an unknown man laying on my lap " who the hell is this?" I look up at him with worried eyes " I don't know, I found him like this. I think he's hurt. He's bleeding but I don't know from where. I need your help." he looks at me then at him, he then kneels down and starts pulling up the man's shirt and I can't help to look at his.... not the fucking time Reagan. " here look, it looks like claw marks. They're too deep. He needs stitches." I nod and try to lift the man up thinking that I could since I literally just knocked over a metal man just moments before, but my strength has gone back to normal and I fall back down. logan takes a moment before he leans back down to pick up the man, he lifts him onto his shoulders and waves for me to lead the way back home.

*******

We make it home and I tell logan to go lay the man down in the upstairs guest room while I go fetch the medical supplies. I get up to the room and place the med stuff on the edge of the bed. logan without looking at me says " I need your help taking off his shirt." I nod and go to help lift off the man's dirty t-shirt while logan holds him upright. We then lay him back down and I grab stuff to clean the claw marks with. The moment I touch the wound the man shoots upright and lets out a loud scream " shit hold him down I'll clean it" logan says as he takes the cleaning stuff from my hands. I lightly push the man back down and he lets me, he just looks at me, with beautiful blue and brown mixed eyes. "shshshsh, it's ok. We're gonna help you" I say as I lightly brush his hair out of his face, it seems to calm him so I just keep running my fingers through his hair " I'm going to start stitching so try to keep his mind elsewhere," logan says as he sterilizes the stitching needle. The man turns his head to look at logan and the needle, but I lightly touch his face and move it back so he's just looking at me " just keep looking at me, ok? everything's going to be ok" he goes to nod his head to say that he understands but logan pushes the needle through his skin and he bites down on his bottom lip to stop from yelling out, he also closes his eyes tightly and clenches his fist.

With my other hand, I grab a hold of his hand and open it so I can intertwine our figures, this makes the man open his eyes and look at me, a single tear leaves his eyes and starts rolling down his face. I stop it by wiping it away with my thumb, I squeeze the man's hand three times to tell him that it's okay.

The whole time logan is doing his thing I nor the man never take our eyes off each other, not until logan says "alright all done, he should get some rest. His body needs to heal itself. Come on Reagan, let's give him some space" I go to let go of his hand when he squeezes my hand three times, I look at the man and he opens his mouth and with a raspy yet angelic voice he asks " can you stay? please" I look to logan and for some reason, he looks angry " logan you go on" without another word he leaves and closes the door behind him.

I look at the man as I sit in the chair by the bed "what happened to you? what's your name?" he looks down at our connected hands as he says " I was attacked by something, something new, something not from around here. my names Eddie, Eddie Quinn." I slightly smile at the last part "it's nice to meet you Eddie where are you from?" he looks back up at me and slightly smiles, god he has a beautiful smile. " not from around here, that's for sure." he says right before he closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep, still holding my hand.

I sit with him as he sleeps, and I just hold his hand, play with his hair and look at his beautiful face for what I could assume to be hours.