𝟭: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝘁-𝘂𝗽

𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 ─ 𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲'𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮'

𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 ─ 𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲
'𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮'

An arranged marriage. My father set me up in an arranged marriage and I have no idea who on earth they could be but I will have dinner with them in a few hours. The whole family apparently, with mine as well.

I wore something simple. Nothing too much but formal enough. I had taken one of my brother's old jackets, a bad habit, and paired it with a black dress and Nikes. By the time I was done, my dad had been in the car warming it up since it was still well into the colder seasons.

My mother followed behind me when we left the house and walked towards the car. Even she dressed up a lot, making me contemplate how fancy these so-called people were.

"So they're kinda holding a party where they would announce the engagement so please be on your best behaviour." My father spoke up in Italian before my mother did in French

"And don't make any guys cry this time, it would be lovely if you didn't."

"It's not my fault they're so predictable." I muttered and the whole ride there remained silent except for the hushed chatter from my parents which I chose to ignore.

When we made it to the venue, something didn't sit well with me but I just brushed it off. From the looks of it, father married me off to one of his rich clients' son, not that I minded but it wasn't hard to tell from the multiple fast or expensive cars that were parked up.

The interior was out of this world. The hall had been decorated with gold accents and black chairs that matched the white tables. It was amazing.

"We're going to tell your future mother in law we're here. Please don't cause trouble."

"Mama you say it like I'm reckless."

"Because you are, your mother is right. Ciao."

As the party went on, I sat by the corner away from the eyes of what seemed to be a thousand people which made me wonder who I was really going to get married to and why was the event so big...

A voice caught me off guard pulling me out of my thoughts. To say I was shocked by who it was would be a 50/50 statement. Sudden guilt rose in me.

"Sienna? Is that you?"

"Carlos. It's nice to see you again."

"Same goes for you, why are you here? Sorry that sounds rude but I can't wrap my head around it."

"Wrap your head around it? I'm confused. I came here with my parents." I left out the whole marriage thing not wanting him to know yet

"You don't know?"

"Know what?" I asked

"The event... it's umm-" Another voice cut him off as two other formula one drivers walked towards the two putting an arm around the male in front of her.

"Sienna, you've grown so much! We've been waiting for your arrival." Pierre spoke out before Alex nudged him

"Waiting for me? I'm sorry what's going on."

"It's nice to meet you again Sienna."

"Nice to meet you too Alex but can someone explain? Carlos, what were you going to say."

"I don't think I can explain it right now..." He signalled to my mother calling me. I picked up the phone and was told to come to the little stage-like area.

"There you are Anna, stay here." She pulled me towards her so I stood between her and my father.

"Ladies and gentlemen! We are gathered here to announce an engagement between my brothers and our most beloved family friend of years. His mother surely approves too due to our close friendship," A woman behind him smiled, raising a glass with a smile on her face before she took over.

"We've always wanted the best for our children whether it be together or not but I am glad to say, the two families would, without a doubt, link together for a long time to come. It is with great honour that I have such a lovely lady marrying my son and I hope they live together peacefully as they both have very demanding careers with him being in motorsports..."

Motorsports? Is that why some of the drivers are here?

I look around and spot more in the crowd along with Team Principals and owners. I started to panic.

"Mama, what do they mean by motorsports? What did you guys set me up for." I tried to get up but the strong grip on my thigh wasn't allowing me to.

"Stop it Anna, you're going to draw attention."

"Like this wasn't attention drawing enough." I squirmed on my chair as I tried to escape. Everywhere was stuffy, I needed to get out.

"Please let me leave." The woman was still talking. She looked so familiar but I just couldn't place who she was. I need to go.

My eyes dart all over the room as the air in my lungs feel like they'd never suffice if I don't leave. Pierre refused to look at me when my eyes met his, something was terribly off.

"Let's welcome the Moragatti's and their daughter Sienna Bella Noche. My future daughter-in-law." A sudden cheer erupted as we walked onto the stage. My legs were getting weaker, my palms sweatier. I hugged the speakers before she announced her other sons to get on stage.

The moment they did everything became clear to me.

No matter how many times I'd blocked that side of me out or ignored the questions making sure they flew over my head or even releasing statements to stop the talk there was one thing I would never forget in the twenty one years of my life.

Those goddamn green eyes and dimples were forced to be engraved in my mind.