𝟮𝟳: 𝗔𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲

𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼 ─ 𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻'𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝘀'

'𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝘀'

I didn't stop.

The moment the race finished and everything was good I got changed and speed walked towards my car.

"Going to meet her?" Lewis asked from beside me seeming to have caught up

"Yeah, the doctors want to ask questions and I need to be there."

"You still care for her." I froze while opening the car door

"What?"

"You care for her. I don't know exactly what had happened between the two of you back then but I know it was messy and unforgiving yet you still care."

"Of course I care, she's my wife."

"That's not why you care though."

"Lewis I care for her because it's her. She's the only person I have ever cared for and I've been a real shitty person and I'm trying to fix that."

"But?"

"I keep messing up," I lean on the car. "I mess up every time and it feels like a curse. To make it even better she keeps going back to Max and as much as I respect the guy I also want to plummet his face into the ground every time he touches her or even breathes near her."

"It seems like you won't have that problem anymore."

"What do you mean?" He opened up Twitter to show me a thread of what looked like a hand print on Max's face last night and what seems to be Sienna standing next to him.

"You're such a gossip Hamilton."

"Go get your girl. I also want to commend you for true race. He let it affect him on the track today and you didn't and please go get your bruises checked. That door did a number on you."

"Thank you."

———————————

"So no suicidal thoughts or any of that?" I sat in the corner of the room not wanting to make her uncomfortable but just being there.

"No, I'm doing a lot better yesterday wasn't an attempt. I drank too much."

"Where was your husband?" The doctor asked making the the nurse and police man that had managed to appear look at me. I gulped.

"We have different rooms. I insisted because he's a formula one driver and I wanted him to get enough sleep."

Did she just lie for me?

"But you have self harm scars on your body, was that from past events or earlier this year?" I froze listening to the conversation, she had self harmed?

"I-" Her eyes drifted towards me and I took it as a hint to step out but instead she shook her head and I dared to move closer.

"Mrs Leclerc?"