𝟮𝟲: 𝗗𝗼𝘂𝗯𝘁

𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼 ─ 𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘅'𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮'

𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼 ─ 𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘅
'𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮'

I woke up alone but I knew where I was. Nothing really hurt and the lights had been turned off.

Well would you look at that, all alone again. Ryan whispered from hers he stood by the door as I closed my eyes. Not again, not again, not again.

Then the door opened as well as my eyes. Ryan had seemingly disappeared.

"Hey, I got you hot chocolate." The man in front of me was the last person I expected to see dropping a cup of hot chocolate on the table next to me before fixing my blanket to make me feel warmer. "I turned off the lights because I knew it would be too bright for you but I could turn it on now."

"Charles-"

"Are you too warm or too cold? Do you need anything?"

"Charles-"

"I could get you an extra pillow and-"

"Charles!" He stopped rambling to look at me and let me finally see him. It was clear that he hadn't slept despite the room being a bit dark and the light of the hallway coming in and he was wearing the same outfit as yesterday or whatever day it was. My head hurt.

My eyes wavered to his arm that looked like a bruise was forming.

"What happens?"

"Umm, you kinda passed out and we brought you here." Not the answer I was asking for but it would make do.

"Why are you here?"

"What do you mean? You're my wife I wanted to make sure you were okay-"

"Oh so now I'm your wife. You're so complicated Leclerc, you never know what you want. Don't you have a race to get to?"

"Yeah but that can wait, does anything hurt? I think I should call the nurses-"

"Why do you care all of a sudden? Scared of what the media would think of you?" I was way too tired to converse. All my words came out hoarse and monotone.

"I care about you, I've always cared about you."

"Stop lying to me."

"Moragatti I swear to God I have always cared about you, I really have-" The door being pushed open cut off his words and Charlotte walked in with Alexa beside her.

"When I said party till you drop dead I didn't mean literally!" Alexa exclaimed before giving me a hug. From my peripheral vision, I could see Charles backing away in defeat.

Charlotte and Alexa said quick hellos to him then went on to talk about how Alexa got here and how scared they were. Soon enough, Pierre walked in with some food.

"Get well soon Anna, I'll be taking Charles with me. Make sure you watch the race."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." The two of them left but not without Charles and I making eye contact.

Alexa also left to get paperwork done and Charlotte left briefly to get some water. The nurse came in to check up on me a few minutes later.

"Where's the young man that was here all night?" I looked at her slightly before closing my eyes while listening to the race commentary as it was starting

"He went for his race."

"Oh he's one of those formula one fans? I didn't think he'd leave you for a race." She exclaimed while taking my vitals

"Oh no, he's a driver."

"No wonder! You know he was here all night, we tried to get him to leave since visiting hours were over but he wouldn't budge until he revealed you guys were married and not only that he refused to eat or drink anything while you were at the theatre, we had to force him to go to the vending machine to eat. He just refused everything until he knew you were awake and healthy. You're lucky to have someone like him in your life, he actually came in with bruises on his arm I think from trying to save you as he explained it was pretty bad compared to this morning. Cherish him okay? Be grateful to have him by your side."

"Thank you." I forced a smile but something didn't feel right. The whole thing wasn't sitting well with me. So when Charlotte came back I asked.

"Char?" She looked up from her book

"Yes lovely?"

"What happened last night?"

"Oh umm I don't really know."

"Charlotte."

"You and Charles had an argument apparently and you locked yourself in your room."

"I know that part."

"Oh okay then, Charles said he heard glass shattering so he went back to check on you but the door was already closed."

"Then how did you break me out?"

"Well for starters, you flooded your hotel room and he had an off feeling so he broke down the door."

"He couldn't get another key?"

"I don't know, I talked with Lewis earlier and he said he had never seen him so scared or panicked like he was last night and they drive f1 cars with high risks of death..."

I zoned out as she talked about last night. The events felt so weird. Charles Marc Herve Perceval Leclerc was scared because I wasn't responding but why?

Why did he have to be the stupid hero and save me, why hurt me then try to make it up to me, why me.

"Anna..." My eyes snapped towards hers as she placed a hand over mine, "He loves you, it's hard to believe or imagine from your perspective but believe me, he's really trying."

"I don't know what to believe Char, I really don't know..." My attention we turned back to the tv where the race was being broadcasted. Alexa soon joined us and the three of us watched as the chaos began.

The only thing on my mind however was the way he couldn't even say my name or at least my current last name yet claims to love me.

NVSH speaks, hey lovely
people! How are we doing this fine
Sunday? Depression already
crawling in yes? Me too!

I hope you guys liked the chapter and
enjoy the rest of the book. Thank you so
much for 7k + reads, I genuinely didn't
think I would get this far so thank you
so much. You guys motivate me.

Screaming, crying, bleeding, sobbing, this
was the last race with Seb, I've been crying. The
donuts were immaculate and the DNFs were
so sad especially on Latifi. What a year this
year has been. I cannot wait to see them on the
5th of March next year.

The team switches and new teammates as well
as the lack of Daniel or Seb or Mick or Latifi on the
grid. They will so dearly be missed but Daniel rb
reserve speculations tho...

ANYWAY, thank you once
again really and the comments too! I
love reading them x

Hope you have a lovely rest of
the year, blowing kisses and sending
hugs.

Ciao my loves