Train Ride Home

Ellas pov

I was looking out of the window at the passing land. Draco sat silent next to me. I wondered why he wouldn't have wanted to go with his other friends other than sit in awkward silence with me.

"How..uh..how are you",Draco asked softly and hesitantly.

"I'm doing better. Although, I have to go home",I sighed and turned to face his stone grey eyes.

"You can always come to my house",Draco said with a slight smirk. I giggled a little.

"No, I can't",I said.

"Have you spoken to them",Draco asked.

"Who",I asked unknowingly.

"Your siblings",Draco said.

"No",I mumbled.

"You should",Draco said.

"I don't want to",I said childishly.

"And why is that",Draco asked.

"Because..because they always treat me like I'm a baby. I can't even know anything, I don't get to listen to their "big kid" conversations",I admitted.

"Well, you're their little sister. Their going to treat you a bit differently because you're younger than them. They want to protect you, Ella",Draco said.

I sighed and turned away from him. He didn't get it. They weren't trying to "protect" me. They were trying to lower me down. If I needed them they were always there, but if I wanted information or they were talking, it was always no.

"Don't look away from me",Draco said sternly.

"I want to look out of the window",I argued.

"And I want to look at you",Draco said. I turned to look at him because I was confused.

"What",I asked.

"Look, I get it. And I'm trying to accept it, but that doesn't mean that I will just stop",Draco said looking deeply into my eyes.

"Stop what",I asked.

"Liking you",Draco said. I felt myself blush a bit. I could feel a tad of butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"I never said I didn't like you",I said.

"Well I mean",Draco said but I interrupted.

"I do like you Draco. I just..I can't...I can't. Not right now",I said.

"Okay",Draco sighed.

I stared at his grey eyes for a few moments of silence until the trolley lady came.

"Any sweets from the trolley dears",the lady asked.

Draco turned to look at me. I wasn't hungry at all. My mother had died. I didn't finish the food I had gotten in the Great Hall, and I didn't want anything to eat.

"None for me, thank you",I said turning to face the lady.

"Okay. And for you, dear",the lady asked turning to Draco.

"I'm fine",Draco replied as he kept his eyes on me.

The lady nodded her head as she shut the compartment doors and started walking away with the candy on the trolley.

I turned my head so that I was looking out of the window. I looked around at all of the passing sights that there were.

Not 20 seconds later and the compartment doors flew open once again. I turned my focus to the direction of the doors.

"What the hell are you doing",Eric asked me loudly.

"Sitting",I replied and turned my attention back to the window.

"Ella Marylyn Blake",Eric yelled.

"What Eric? What do you want",I asked harshly as I turned to face him once more.

Draco was awkwardly looking at the wall opposite of us. He looked rather uncomfortable and I felt bad that he had to listen to me argue with my brother.

"I want a lot of things. Like answers",Eric said loudly.

"You never give me answers"I scoffed.

"Give it a rest, Ella",Eric said harshly.

"No",I said.

"Where have you been",Eric asked in a yelling tone.

"I've been right here",I replied bitterly.

It's not that I was angry with Eric, or any of my siblings, it was just that I didn't want to talk with them. I was done with me always being left out of conversations or the last to find out about things.

"With Malfoy? Why? Why in the bloody hell are you sitting with Malfoy",Eric asked coldly as he turned to face Draco.

Draco turned his head quicker than a spell could be cast. He scowled at my brother and opened his mouth to say something, but before he did I interrupted.

"Be abuse I want to. Because Draco is kind and he doesn't tell me things last",I said.

"Kind",Eric asked in a shocked tone. I nodded. "Did you put a spell on my sister or a potion or something"?

"Eric",I yelled.

"Fine! You know what, fine! Sit here with Malfoy! Don't talk to me or anyone else in the family for that fact! Talk to Malfoy why don't you? Because he's so kind",Eric yelled and then he stormed away slamming the door behind him. I jumped a bit at the sound.

Then I felt a cold but soothing touch grab my hand. I looked down to see Draco's hand holding mine securely in his own.

"Sorry you had to see that",I said.

"Don't be sorry, Ella. But you should talk to them. They're your family and you need them just as much as they need you",Draco said.

"Not right now",I sighed.

"Okay",Draco said.

For the rest of the train ride there was silence. Draco still held my hand and it felt nice.

We arrived at the train station and I big Draco a goodbye before I dragged my feet off of the train. I walked over to where the trunks were and grabbed mine.

Then I saw Olivia,Eric, and father standing by a bench. They all had an expression of anger and sadness.

I let out a sigh and as I was about to walk over to them a hand grabbed my waist and pulled me back.

"Come with me",Henry said. I turned to face him.

"Where are we",I questioned but he interrupted.

"We're not going home. Not right now. Not today. My friends, Fred and George Weasley, you know them? They said we could stay with them if we wanted to",Henry said.

"But",I said gesturing over to where a blurry eyed Olivia,impatient Eric, and bored father were standing.

"Forget them. Just come with me to the Weasleys. We'll right to them. It'll be fine. Just come on",Henry said.

"Okay, let's go",I sighed.

A/N Sorry for not publishing anything in a while. I was busy camping and then I started a new story which is coming to a great start so far.

Hopefully you enjoyed this short little chapter.

Please vote,comment, and share❤️

Word Count:1.1k