Chapter 2: The Weirdo On Maple Street Part 1

----Y/n's House around 5 am-----

Mom- HEY Y/n! IT'S JONATHAN ON THE LINE

You roll out of bed, trying to find the nearest sweatshirt to throw on. You pick up David Bowie's "Ashes to Ashes" campaign sweater and make your way to the nearest phone. 

*Phone*

Y/n- He---

Jonathan- YOU SAID YOU WOULD MAKE SURE WILL GOT HOME SAFLEY

Y/n- Whoa calm down what's going on?? *you rub the sleep out of your eyes as you put clothes on.*

Jonathan- HE'S MISSING!! He didn't come home last night!

Y/n- Have you called the police? Have Hopper get a patrol to look the area!

Jonathan- He's here! I can't come to school today. But he's missing and you were in charge of him!

Y/n- Jonathan... He was with Dustin, Dustin came home safely... I assumed...

Jonathan- You assumed...Assumed what? That...Never Mind...Bye

*hangs up*

You're shocked at the thought of little Will Byers missing. You see the leftover bruise from your mom's friend last night, you do your best to cover it up with makeup without making it look like you're hiding anything. You didn't want people like Steve Harrington to say something about it. 

You go downstairs to do the usual routine, but you find your mother up and the entire house clean. You go to the kitchen but find there a big breakfast on the table.

Y/n- Mom?? What's going on?

Mom- Well honey I felt horrible about last night. I want to be different, I'm going to try to be a good mother. Quit drinking and stop bringing guys home. I'm not building a safe environment for you like your father would have wanted.

Y/n- Mom...

She puts her hand up in protest.

Mom- Things won't get better if we keep blocking him out. He's your father, and quite possibly the only man I can love.

You are silent, you don't want to remember your father. It hurts you to much to talk about him.

Mom- It's just us now, and maybe it's best it stays that way. I'm thinking what if we got a smaller house?

Y/n- SELL THE HOUSE? *you look at here more scared and concerned than moad*

Mom- *closes her eyes trying to deal with the yelling* I just think, a new start I've been looking for for a while. There are too many memories. I want out from under this damn thing!

Y/n- IS THAT WHAT THIS SI ABOUT!! YOU'RE TRYING TO ERASE EVERYTHING! I GREW UP HERE! GRANDMA AND GRANDPA BUILT THIS HOUSE! AND YOU WANT TO LEAVE IT FOR SOME OTHER FUCKING FAMILY! 

Mom- it's NOT LIKE THAT! YOU'RE OVER REACTING SIT YOUR ASS DOWN, PLEASE

Y/n- NO! *leaves* 

---on the road----

You pick the radio*

Y/n-Dustin Henderson!

Dustin- I'm here

Y/n- need a ride? 

Dustin- Uh yeah but we need to give Mike and Lucas one too

Y/n- Why doesn't Mike have Nancy?

Mike- She's with Barb...And Steve...

-you get goosebumps-

Y/n- What about Lucas?