Chapter 7:The Bathtub Part 1: Guilt

---While on your way to the Byer's you see Steve at a gas station alone with a cold pack on his face you pull over.--

Y/n-Steve! what happened?

Steve- uh... well. your friend Jonathan there...kinda beat me up....its kind of funny really... I mean I lost... to Jonathan...

Y/n- Why are you and Jonathan fighting *you sit next to Steve* 

Steve- So after what you said about me not helping Barb and everything i went to apologize to Nance, and uh well...

Y/n- What?

Steve- I think Jonathan and Nancy are becoming more than friends

Y/n- *You swallow the little air you had and suddenly are out of breath* what do you...what do you mean?

Steve- I seen them in her room last night...he was holding her... in her room...in her bed.

Y/n-There's no way...SO you started the fight

Steve-Ina way i was mouthing... and Jonathan got tried of me running my mouth and punched me *he chuckles* oh my god i need to apologize...

Y/n- Why do we start by cleaning the graffiti up

Steve- Yeah that would help... I want to change really i do... its just rich boy syndrome

Y/n- Yeah I guess we all have it...but when our pride gets ripped from us...we get hurt...we get tore down...butt hurt. but we cant let it hurt us! We fix our mistakes we fix ourselves. We become better people... *Steve looks at you in a genuine way* Well.. uh.. Now...Lets get that cleaned up come on!

---After you and Steve get it all cleaned up, you take Steve to a local diner and buy lunch---

Steve- You know your not so bad *takes a bite of his corndog* 

Y/n- You thought i was bad? 

Steve- I mean you always seemed so scary, like you wanted to kill everyone. we used to be kind of friends you know?

Y/n- i remember but some things happened. Some things i had to pay for in my life, and it tore me down. I'm trying to be better really I am. But somehow i reek havoc wherever i go. 

Steve-Some times Havoc is fun... You know not being perfect. Not living to everyone expectations...

Y/n- WHO KNEW!

Steve- *startled* what??

Y/n- King Steve "The Hair" Harrington is such a sentimental guy! Nancy rubbing off on you?

Steve- no another girl in my life has made a pretty huge impact on me...

Y/n- Wait your cheating on Nancy??

Steve- No! no no! I'm a dickhead not a cheater! 

Y/n- oh okay whose the girl then?

Steve- Someone I've known for awhile but never payed attention too the pain she's been through... 

Y/n- Oh Steve..

Steve- I realized how much I've shut out my old friends, real friends. Friends like you... your the reason i want to change y/n... I want to be better...

Y/n- Do you love her?

Steve-What?

Y/n-Nancy...Do you love her?

Steve- I think so... I've never really been in love... have you?

Y/n- *you think of Oliver and Nancy* I don't know... I thought I was a long time ago... but hell I was 13... I didn't even know that you couldn't get pregnant if someone kissed you. But he hurt me... But now it could just be a small crush... but I've not ever felt like this before..

Steve- I understand...Nance is different she's special...and i keep fucking up...

Y/n- Steve we are just alike

Steve-What do you mean? We are both insufferable dickheads?

Y/n-*you chuckle but instantly get emotional* I think... I'm not sure but... I think we both love Nancy Wheeler...

Steve- What do you mean?

Y/n- I don't plan on her ever feeling the same Steve..in fact I'm trying to distance myself because... I can't be in love like this... To many people judge me for even think i might love her...i could never be with her...and I wouldn't ever tell you thins but you need to know...

Steve-How long have you felt like this?

Y/n- Since the night Will Byer's disappeared...

Steve- who knows?

Y/n- You...

Steve-Wow...

Y/n-I dont want you to think any different of me now Harrington! *you cry* i don't plan to try to steal her from you, its been eating at me to tell someone! *you breakdown*

Steve- oh y/n *he hugs you* im so sorry, i wont think anything of you i just wish we wouldn't be in love with the same person you know? because i would want you to be with the person you love...

Y/n- She loves you though...

Steve-She does?

y/n- I think that with all my heart Steve...Jonathan or no Jonathan...

Steve- Wow...

Y/n-Go to her now... Apologize.... to her to Jonathan set things straight! Get your girl Steve fucking Harrington!

-----------------------------------------------

Steve is king<3

Love ya cookies!<3