Chapter 1: Kidnapped

Kidnapped:

After a stressful day on the job, Katelyn drove to her mother's house to retrieve her 5 year old twins.

Ingrid, met Katelyn at the door and said, "Katelyn dear, I'm so sorry." as she hugged her daughter crying.

Katelyn blinked. "What's going on mom?" A cold chill ran up her spine, like icy fingers, when she noticed how quiet it was. "Where are Ethan and Lindsey?"

Ingrid sobbed. "I was only gone for a minute to hang up the laundry and when I turned around-" she sobbed brokenly, "they were gone."

"It's all my fault." Ingrid wailed, hanging her head in shame as her shoulders shook.

Eyes wide, Katelyn demanded, "What do you mean they're gone?"

With a trembling hand, Ingrid reached for the envelope she'd found taped to the door and passed it to her daughter.

Katelyn ripped open the envelope and read the note. She stared at the paper in her hand and her complexion became very pale.

If you ever want to see your precious kids again, be a good girl and wait for my call. Don't bother calling your pals at the precinct in on this either. If I see any cops besides you, the kids will be the ones to pay the price of your disobedience.

Have a nice night, Private Investigator Fisher.

Signed,

Jared Fletcher.

Her heart pounded against her chest so hard; she feared it might burst through her chest. Her legs trembled and she crumpled to the floor.

As the overwhelming emptiness and sadness filled her very soul, crystalline drops rolled down her cheek.

My babies... he took my babies.