Chapter 15: Desperation

Desperation:

Calum stood up and walked towards the door. "Devin, watch her until I get back."

Katelyn jumped up and stood right in Calum's face. "Oh no you don't! Those are my kids too and I'll be damned if I sit her on my ass feeling sorry for myself, while you go out and play the hero."

Calum raised a brow and smirked. "What are you going to do then Kate? After all, you're wearing nothing but my tee shirt." His eyes purposefully and possessively roamed her body, emphasizing his point.

He grinned. "Not that I'm complaining or anything."

Her face heated and she stared at his smug face. She growled. "Give me ten minutes to change and we will go together."

He chuckled. "Make it quick, or I'll leave your ass behind."

She stormed into the bedroom and threw his shirt off, slipping into fresh clothes. She stomped into the living room and tossed his shirt at him with a huff. She slipped her guns and stuff back into place.

Katelyn picked up her jeans from earlier and slipped the chip and adapter, placing them in her pocket and then dropped the jeans to the floor.

He chuckled at her short temper and pulled his shirt on. He sniffed it. 'Kind of smells like lavender.' He tucked his gun into the small of his back. They both checked their extra clips and put them in their holsters.

Devin shook his head. 'It's about damned time they decide to get serious.' He pat his daggers at his hips and then placed a tray of coffee on the small coffee table. "Coffee is done."

They both blinked and the three drank their coffee.

Katelyn picked up her book, tucking it into her laptop bag and walked towards the door.

Calum stood blocking the doorway. He stared at her and used his no nonsense voice. "I'm driving." He held out his hand.

Katelyn snorted. "Just remember we're partners Bank. I'm not one of your subordinates, so you had better not treat me like one." She locked the door and slapped the keys into his open palm.

He rolled his eyes, and muttered, "Wouldn't dream of it sweet cheeks."

Katelyn shot him a hot glare and stomped towards her vehicle.

Calum shook his head and followed her. He unlocked the SUV. He slid into the driver's seat and pressed the button to unlock her door.

She slipped into the passenger seat and buckled herself in. She slammed the door shut and began opening her case. She pulled out her laptop and plugged it into the cigarette lighter.

Calum snorted and buckled in. He slammed his door and put the key in the ignition. He rolled down the window. "Yo Devin, follow us and don't get lost."

Devin nodded and got into his car.

Calum rolled up the window and asked, "So babe, where to first?"

She was still bringing up files on her laptop. "Take the freeway and go straight until I tell you to turn."

He frowned but started the engine.

She booted up her laptop. "I can only think of one person who might loan me that kind of money."

Calum blinked. "Who?"

She stared at him. "My boss."

Calum's hand tightened on the steering wheel. 'So, I'm about to meet her boss, eh?'

XOXOXOXOXO

Two hours later they pulled up in front of a mansion. Calum killed the engine. "Pretty sweet digs."