Chapter 22: Epilogue

Epilogue:

Calum shucked his hospital gown and slipped into his jeans and a button up shirt. "It sure feels good to be getting out of here."

Katelyn folded the skirt of her summer dress beneath her legs and smiled. "I bet."

Calum bent over her chair and captured her lips in possessive kiss.

She kissed him back eagerly. She pulled back. "I can't believe we're finally going house hunting."

Calum smirked. "That we are love."

Katelyn grinned. "That sure was generous of Ashton to offer to have a state of the art security system installed once we get a house picked out."

Calum chuckled. "Yes, but the security system will be to my specifications, not his."

She chuckled. "Of course." She stood up and hugged his waist. "Are you really sure about this?"

He kissed her forehead. "Absolutely." He pulled back and stared into her eyes. "No way in hell am I ever letting anyone take you and the kids from me again."

She grinned. "Speaking of which..."

Before she could end her sentence the twins burst into the room. "Mommy!"

She scooped them into her arms. "Hi babies."

Ethan stared at Calum. "Are you really our daddy?"

Calum scooped him into his arms. "You bet I am, sport."

Ethan grinned. He hugged Calum's neck. "I'm glad you came back daddy."

Calum's heart warmed and his chest swelled. "Me too kid. And this time I'm back to stay, son."

Ethan glared. "You promise?"

Calum chuckled. "I promise." He poked his son's nose.

Ethan huffed and slapped his hand away. "Daddy, don't do that."

Calum beamed. "I love you Ethan."

Ethan grinned. "I love you too, daddy."

Lindsey pouted. "Hey, what about me?" She held her arms out to him.

Katelyn chuckled and passed her over to him.

Calum kissed her nose and gave her a one armed hugged. "I love you too, my little princess."

She giggled and blushed. "Daddy, I'm not a princess." Her pig tails swayed as she shook her head.

Calum grinned. "To me you are, Lindsey." He kissed her cheek with a loud smacking sound.

She giggled and hugged his neck. "Stay with us forever, daddy."

He smirked. "I promise princess."

Katelyn watched her family and felt like life was finally the way it should be.

Calum ginned and kissed Katelyn on the lips. She blushed and kissed him back.

"Ooh Daddy kissed mommy," the kids began laughing.

Calum smirked. "You bet I did, and I'm going to do it again." He captured her lips in a brief kiss, causing her to blush deeper.

Katelyn tugged his hair and mock scowled at him. "Not in front of the kids."

"Aw, but,"

She warned, "Calum..."

He pouted. "Spoil sport."

Ethan grinned. "Daddy, you looked just like Lindsey when she gets in trouble."

Calum chuckled. "I do eh?"