Chapter 19: Showdown Pt I

Showdown Pt I:

Calum sighed. "Remember Devin, stay in your car and hang back until I give the signal."

Katelyn added seriously, "Once the kids are safe, I don't care what you two do to Jared and his goons. At this point all I care about is getting my babies back."

Devin agreed, "Understood. You two be careful." The dial tone rang in their ears.

Calum hung up the car phone and raised a brow. He turned to face Katelyn. "What? You don't care about my safety?"

She sighed. "Of course I care, but I know that you can defend yourself... they can't." She squeezed the wheel tight and bit her lower lip.

Calum covered her hand with his and lightly squeezed it. "We will get the kids back Kate, I promise."

She nodded and forced a few deep breaths. "Thanks." She turned around the corner and headed toward the final stretch. "We will be at the docks in about fifteen minutes."

Calum rechecked his gun and nodded. He slipped the gun back into his pants at the small of his back. "Let's do this, babe."

She placed a slightly trembling hand on her stomach and nodded. 'Hang on babies; we're coming to get you.' She took a deep breath and forced her nervous feelings under tight lock and key.

A few minutes later she parked the car by the bridge and cut the engine. She checked her gun to make sure it was ready and then took a deep breath. She looked at Calum.

"You ready?"

She nodded and opened her door.

He picked up the money bag and handed it to her.

They stepped out of the car.

"That's far enough. Raise your hands, slowly."

Calum glared t the man. "I see you're still his lackey, eh Kellin?"

Kellin shrugged. "What can I say, except the pay is good." He grinned.

"Hayden, go search him."

Hayden nodded and did so.

Hayden pulled out a hunting knife. "That's it, he's clean."

Kellin snorted. "Gave up on guns, eh?"

Calum shrugged. "Knives seem to be messier." He smirked.

Hayden stepped over and searched Katelyn pulling out one gun and one spare clip.

Calum growled. "Yo pervert, I think you've defiled her body enough, don't you?

Hayden grinned giving her breasts a good squeeze and shrugged. He turned to Kellin. "They're clean now."

Katelyn snorted. "Same old pervert."

Hayden sent her a lecherous grin. "You know it."

Calum shoved him away from Katelyn. "I'm warning you bastards; keep your hands off her!"

Kellin chuckled. "This way," He pointed towards the buildings with his gun.

Calum pulled Katelyn into his arms and led her in the direction they were told to go.

Her arms tightened around the bag. "I want to see my babies, now!"

Kellin chuckled. "You will soon enough." Using the gun he ushered them inside.

They walked into the building and Katelyn stomped her foot. "I'm not doing anything else until I know and see for myself that my babies are unharmed!"