Chapter 16: Mythical University

Lucy

All that was around me was an empty void, darkness everywhere. I looked down at my body to see I didn't even have one. I was just a floating conscious in an endless abyss.

Am I dead? Is this what it's like to be dead?

I was never that religious, but since I knew the Gods of mythology were real, I thought I would at least go to an afterlife. But simply not existing anymore?

I guess this is my punishment for making a deal with Seth and pretending to be a Demigod. I should've just stayed at home, pretending like nothing happened...

I couldn't even cry, all I had was my guilt and despair filled conscience. Terran is dead... just like Aunt Emiko... And Dad was taken over by Seth...

For a split second, I thought I saw a feint light in the distance. I wanted to reach out to it, but I didn't have a body. I so desperately wanted to go to it, but no matter what I did, I wouldn't move.

I suddenly heard a voice that sounded extremely familiar.

???: "Don't give up, Lucy, not yet"

I couldn't tell who it was, but I noticed that the light was getting brighter. The light was getting closer and closer until it completely overtook the darkness.

I suddenly gasped and shot upright, back in my own body. I was breathing heavy since I wasn't breathing at all when I was just a conscience. My body was aching and my ears were ringing. My eyes couldn't adjust to the light very easily, however all of my senses started to calm down a bit. I could feel that I was in a bed, but that's about all I could get from my senses. That's when I heard a voice next to me.

???: "O-Oh! You're awake! P-Please, try and lay back down. Your injuries have had time to heal, but you still need your rest"

I looked over at who was talking to me and was immediately mystified.

I saw a girl, maybe one or two years older than me. She had gorgeous purplish blue hair that was tied into a ponytail and went all the way down to her feet. She wore a sleeveless tank top with a skirt/dress combo below her waist. She had a blue metal brace on both of her wrists. She wore long dark blue stockings that went up past her knees. She wasn't wearing any shoes, but that's because I noticed she was hovering in the air, like Lily did. She also had pointy ears like Idril, however I could tell she wasn't an elf. Her light purple eyes were like that of an entire galaxy. She also had some kind of pendant around her neck with a white gem inside.

 She also had some kind of pendant around her neck with a white gem inside

I just stared at her, completely mystified until she spoke again.

???: "May I ask you your name?"

I snapped out of my daze.

Lucy: "L-Lucy"

???: "Lucy, do you remember how you got here?"

Lucy: "I... don't"