Sorrow

The woman who went from almost cutting me into a thousand pieces was now in tears on the floor in front of me. It was like her intentions had a complete one-eighty. 

You had no words to describe this malarkey. I couldn't even mutter a single word. 

However, I had to say something to the deranged girl before she possibly snapped all over again.

"What do you mean by I can't do this anymore? Weren't you about to kill me or something?" I asked the girl in disbelief, but all I was greeted with was more tears.

I really wanted to escape, but at the same time, there was a mystery to the young woman. She was a case not even the smartest of detectives could crack. At the same time, you wanted to leave this place faster than a rocket ship!

That is when I finally heard a murmur out from the girl.

"It w-wasn't s-s-supposed to be l-like this. None of this was your fault. It's theirs!" She exclaimed still in tears and I didn't comprehend anything from her statement.

"I don't understand... This is only one person's fault and it's yours!" I shouted at the girl in anger.

Now she was playing the 'it wasn't my fault' card, but hey who else stuck a gun to my face?! No one but her!

"JUST SHUT UP!" The girl screamed at the top of her lungs, and you felt like this confrontation wasn't going to end anytime soon.

Slowly the girl stopped crying, but you two were left in silence. What was I supposed to say after a situation like that? I wanted out of there as fast as humanely possible, but I didn't want my neck cut in half! It was already in a lot of pain, and it was a struggle to even get a word out because of the agonizing pain. 

"Listen I am sorry about what happened here tonight. I never wanted any of this to happen, but it was either you or me and it looks like I'm finished..."

"Can you at least get my neck wound cleaned up? I don't care what kind of excuse you have whatever your name is... I just want to go home and forget this ever happened!" You exclaimed to her, and she sighed. 

"Maki. My name is Maki. If you'd like you can come upstairs and I will patch you up. Then we can forget this ever happened, and move on with our lives..." 

"Fine, but you are lucky I'm not dialing the cops on you." I threatened her, and her eyes darted across the room.

"The police are pathetic. I have more important things to worry about." Maki commented as you followed her upstairs. 

The upstairs of Maki's house was pretty humble, but she really didn't have that much furniture. Some of the things that stood out was a coat on the coathanger that clearly didn't fit Maki and it seemed like it had galaxies on it. There was also a cedar aroma to her house like you were high up on top of a mountain. There were also a few photos of Maki with two individuals. One was a short redheaded girl that dressed up as a witch and the other was a skinny man wearing black with dark blue hair. 

Maki lead me to the kitchen which was very plain, and it didn't seem like she used it too often by the squeaky clean counters, draws that still looked freshly painted, and cabinets with the bare minimum inside of them

"Wash up, and I will grab you some bandages for you," Maki told me, and I followed suit. 

It seemed like the sun was starting to come up by the light starting to pour into the room. You have a trial today for another client at noon today, so you have to look pampered. I may have to find some sort of excuse for this injury, but other than that I wanted to put this all behind me. 

After I washed up and cleaned all the blood off myself Maki wrapped my neck in a large enough bandage. As she put the bandage on my neck I looked her straight in the eye. There wasn't much emotion on her face, but I could somehow tell she has been through a lot minus the black eye. Sure I may have punched her in the face, but I almost ended up becoming a corpse today!

"Thank you. I gotta go now. Can I assume that you didn't bug the door with a booby trap?" 

"What? Of course not..." Maki responded with annoyance in her voice, and that is when you left her house. 

Her house was painted red, and like the surrounding buildings it was pretty skinny. It was downtown Hopea, so you shouldn't expect a huge house down here. As you were leaving Maki's house you never expected to see her again, and even though that was an experience you would never forget you just wanted to put it behind you.

However as time went on I started thinking about the girl in red again. She made a few remarks that this wasn't her plan or it was 'their' fault that this happened. It was obvious there was some kind of organization that wanted you dead or at least out of a job, but who?

Only three days after the initial incident I had already moved on from the kidnapping. I had a feeling somehow was up against me, but it wasn't like they were going to send another person after me! Right? Wrong!

I had gotten back from an extra long trial, and I was exhausted. The only thing that was on my mind was getting into my soft blankets and dozing off to sleep. I had no clue what was waiting for me at my apartment.

I lived on the fourteenth floor of the Jumitsu Sky Hotel. I had no idea why it was called a hotel because I lived there full time. My apartment was pretty big and fancy. The furniture was made from the finest silk, the technology was advanced, and it was an amazing place to live in back then. 

However instead of being greeted with comfort and a nice slumber I was once again clubbed down, but this time it was different... 

Hours later I woke up in a daze. What I was awakened to was the remains of my apartment, and what I found out later on... My impending doom.