Understanding

"And that's what happened... We haven't said a word to each other since." I concluded to my parents, and they gave me looks of sorrow. 

"I'm sure if you give it time Maki will change her mind... You guys have been through much worse than you can get through this." My mother said to me with optimism in her voice, but I was unsure if it was that simple. 

"She was yelling at me and she even slapped and punched me! I doubt she is going to change her mind anytime soon, or even at all." I confessed, and my parents were outraged by that.

I forgot to tell them she beat me up, and I intentionally kept that out of the story... Yet I accidentally put that fact onto the table.

"Why would she beat you up like that!? She is honestly overreacting, and to be honest I don't support a relationship with physical violence. Y/N I am worried about you." Your father commented, and I can get where he is coming from. 

"I know... I just love her, and this is very hard for her. I don't think Maki is ready for kids, and she kind of flipped out when she found out she was pregnant..." 

That is when I heard a knock on the door, and like when I was younger I went to answer the door. That is when I saw Maki at the door, and she was very apologetic.

"Y/N! I am so sorry... I should have never freaked out like that. Our baby can't be born in a world where we are fighting like this." Maki trembled, and I wrapped her in a hug.

That is the moment we decided to keep the baby. My parents though very uncomfortable around Maki joined the hug, and we knew that we were sticking together no matter what happens. We were going to be a family and no one was going to change it. 

We still had some issues to conquer, but if we were able to love each other through it all we could make it through it and be safe, sound, and happy.