Disappearance

I could see the sunlight peering through the blinds... It appeared that I woke up before my alarm... Again. It was 5:43 am, and I usually started my day at 6:30 sharp. That is when I noticed that Maki wasn't in bed with me. Did she get up before me? If so where did she go?

At the same time, she could just be in the bathroom, so what was I worried about?

I decided to go back to sleep for now. Sure I'm only going to be reawakened to my alarm that definitely was Maki laughing, but hey forty-seven more minutes of sleep may help in the long run who knows? 

6:30 am. Still no Maki. I was getting a little worried, but hey she could have gone out somewhere. Maybe she was planning a surprise for me? 

10 am. I called Maki twice, and sent her like five texts, but I was met with radio silence. I started to get worried, but maybe her phone battery died and she was charging it right now. Maybe it's on silent?

12 pm. "Maki it's Y/N, call me back when you get the chance. I'm starting to get pretty worried." I recorded it, and my message was sent to her voicemail. 

I have no clue where she went. I already checked the office, but she was nowhere to be found. Her old apartment was empty, and I don't know where else she could have run off. I have to go to a hearing at 1, but after the hearing is over I better have a reply from her!

2:30 pm. The hearing was over, but I didn't hear back from Maki, and I was starting to get very desperate. I kept spam texting her, but that came to no avail. 

4 pm. Maybe she went back to the apartment? Who knows she could have dropped her phone in a swear by accident. 

As I made it up the stairs I had a bad feeling, but I decided that I was just being pessimistic. That is when I made it to the fourteenth floor. Sure I wasn't greeted with a bamboozled apartment, but I saw something at the front of the door. It wasn't mail, a package, or anything like that... But... It was Maki's phone. 

What? Why would Maki's phone be here? 

I checked the messages, and all but one were from me. She has a dozen missed calls, but there was one suspicious message that would change everything that you have worked hard for up to this point.

It looked like a random video at first with a black thumbnail. Maki has never communicated with this number before, and it could easily be some kind of scam company. I didn't feel like it was a good idea to snoop around my girlfriend's phone... It made me feel nosey and nothing about it seemed right. 

I stepped into the apartment to find everything the way I left it, and I was going to call Maki yet again, but... What was the point if I had her phone?

I noticed something on her phone that made my heart flutter. My contact name was My Sweet Idiot <3. What the fuck I'm not an idiot, but I am sweet! I also scrolled down to see a few morbid texts... It looks like they were sent two days ago. Wait what the hell?!

There were photos from a man named Martin, and it looked like there were two people in a jail cell! They all somehow seemed familiar, and that is when it hit you. Maki once told you about her two best friends Shuichi and Himiko and how her clan killed them, but in these photos, they were clearly alive and unharmed!

The text below the photos stated. 'It is either them or you.' 

Oh no... This can't be.

I had to check out that video...

I scrolled up to that text again from the mysterious number, and I clicked on the dark video. I was greeted to a dark concrete floor, but once the camera was picked up I was met with that same cell. 

But this time only one figure emerged. Maki...

 Maki