3. What now?

After running as far into the forest they could manage, Lollipop, Taco and Book finally succeeded in getting away from Evil Leafy and hid far enough so that they would be safe for a little bit. They had been focused on nothing else other than getting to safety, motivated by the need to stay aive. Evening had fell upon them so the forest was filled with shadows, and was growing darker by the hour, so decided that they could stop for now, especially due to how far they had come.

"Ughh.. I can't believe we went all that way..." Taco moaned tiredly and sat herself onto the ground with a thump, feeling the crinkled leaves as she looked up to the other two, in disbelief over what had just occured, still processing everything. Book had her hands on her knees as she was trying to catch her breath while bent over, Lollipop not as exhausted but definitely in pain, huffing gently as she leaned on a rock.

"I can't believe.. that happened." Book breathed, standing straight and looking at the other two, slowly calming down. "D-Didn't you just see that back there?? Th-That was awful! Wh-What are we even going to do?!"

Taco felt awkward as she was unsure on how to reply to her question, putting her finger to her mouth in thought.. what WERE they going to do now? Four and X were gone.. and Evil Leafy was out there on a rampage..they were lost in the forest, injured and separated from everyone they knew.

How could things get any worse? They had ran off to the forest to safety but.. what were they supposed to do now? Sure.. hide the best they could.. but she was still out there.. and she definitely wanted every single one of them dead. Most of them felt confused..I mean why? Was it Leafy?

"L-Lets just, try and keep safe for now, yeah?" Taco suggested with a forced smile, standing and brushing herself off, looking to the other two girls with an exhausted sigh ".. I'm just..glad to be alive. Even if she's still out there and that she's not gonna stop until we're dead..."

Book drifted her gaze off to the side hearing this.. being told that directly kind of hurt. This was really happening.. it didn't feel like it properly set in yet, and that they were all still processing it. To actually take in how many of their friends they had just lost was ..hard.. to actually accept Evil Leafy had just returned and was now searching for and killing them. Only days ago were they living normal lives, and now they were hiding in the forest for their lives.

"Well I mean, Four is gone so, death is.. kinda permanent.." Taco rubbed the back of her head, hating to have to admit this conclusion. ".. I.. don't know for how long. Maybe forever.. " She trailed off. Lollipop shuffled hearing this, Book deciding to talk.

"What will happen when she gets all of us?" Book reluctantly put forth. Taco fidgeted awkwardly, forcing a smile and putting a hand on Books shoulder. "H-Heyyy! Don't think like that. We gotta stick together to make sure she doesn't. "

Tacos attention trailed over to Lollipop, who had now sat on the rock, noticing she hadn't said much throughout this whole discussion. Lollipop usually didn't take many things seriously so she was probably struggling to process this whole situation. Honestly their team hadn't been on very good terms as of recently, they were.. kind of argumentative and didn't get along very well. It was usually Book and Lollipop who would argue, Taco would step in and then fall into the arguement, Gaty would try but there would be no point. Icy and Teardrop would kind of just sit and accept it, while Saw awkwardly watched and just wanted everyone to get along, trying to break things up helplessly.

Things were so much different now..

"Hey, Lollipop-" Taco called to get her attention, stepping closer to her. Lollipop perked up as she said her name, sighing and drifting her gaze away from the forest "Yes, Taco?" She sounded frustrated, Taco didn't blame her, clapping her hands together once.