13: Don't get so comfortable.

"Swing from the side, NOT from the air." Liy stood in front of Tree, guiding his hands to position the axe in a way that would benefit him the most when fighting. She had offered to help since the two were still waiting for the rest of the group to return, and also seeing Tree use an axe so terribly pained her mentally.

"Sometimes doing it from the air is good, buuut if you're going for a swing attack like you did, you're more likely to miss. And it requires more work." She explained, stepping back and admiring her work grandly. "Sooo... swing from the side!" She instructed, him doing what she said and swinging sideways with the axe.

He stumbled fowards, but it was so much easier to handle than before.. he wished had known this sooner. "Wow.. that.. actually works." He commented, it sounding ruder than he meant. She huffed. "Uh, no duh. I know what I'm DOING, Tree." She snapped in offense.

"Alright..Alright.." he hushed, slowly lowering the axe to the ground. "Well.. thank you.. sort of. You still let me almost choke to death, back there. This doesn't make up for it." He made clear, his hand on his hip. She scoffed.

"Seriously?? I save your life AND show you how to protect yourself, and you're still salty? Damn, a girl can't win." She complained, stretching with a prolonged yawn before trotting over to a large tree, sitting by it comfortably. "Well, night." She slumped back against it.

"Wh-What? Why are you going to sleep? I-Its the middle of the afternoon!!" He cried with stress, but was mostly surprised because he didn't want to be left alone. Not after what just happened.. she groaned loudly, arching her back while squeezing her eyes shut.

"For goodness sake, how do you think I survived last night?? I had to stay up the whole time! Now to catch some well earned Zs.." she huffed, before peacefully placing her arms on her chest and resting. Tree was worried, glancing side to side.

"Wh-What-? No- wake up! I-I don't want to be left on my OWN.-" He snapped more irritably, trying to knock her with his foot to make her open her eyes.

She did that, glaring at him. "Why NOT? Now you know what you're doing, you don't need my help anymore." She rubbed her eyes with her fist, sitting up with attitude. He looked worried..it annoyed her.

Usually she wouldn't care.. but there was a sense of friendship between them. She didn't feel this with anyone else, in fact if it had been someone like Pen or Needle in trouble back there she wouldn't have bat an eye, and would have moved on. She did wonder why she saved Trees life but.. she didn't regret it. He was good company, he just needed to seriously start defending himself.

The tiniest amount of sympathy that she had for Tree shined through, and won. She groaned in defeat, sighing heavily while squeezing her eyes shut. "FINE. I'll stay awake. You're so annoying." She hissed through her teeth, him sighing in relief over her comprise.

"Thank you.. really.." he muttered gratefully, lowering himself to sit down next to her. He hoped it wouldn't be too long until his group got back.. he made a mental note to never let them leave him alone here again, or anyone for that matter. It was way too unsafe to be alone.. he had an axe and still couldn't defend himself.

He wished it wasn't like this .. he just wanted to be with his team again.

He wondered if Liy missed anything.. or how she felt about all of this. Well, her life before in the exit had to be better than whatever this hell was, right? Unless she genuinely preferred this. He wouldn't know.. he had never been to the exit. Though.. Liy would know about the whole.. Leafy escaping thing, wouldn't she? He was about to ask, but got cut off.

"Tree! Tree! We found food!" Taco excitedly hurried over to the bonsai, opening her arms to drop a number of apples onto the grass in front of him, grinning widely. Book was just behind her, trying to keep up while being out of breath. "T-Taco- please! Don't- bruise them-!" She panted, putting a hand on her own back and inhaling harshly. It was amusing to see how the both of them reacted differently to the same amount of running.