14: Peek-a-boo, did I scare you?

"That's right! And dontcha come back you crazy hooligan!!" Tea Kettle shoved Remote to the ground aggressively, fending off the possessed object successfully on her own. She used her lid as a defense item and had also used it to hit the object across the face, it had clearly proved useful. She stood over the object breathlessly, panting.

She hadn't found anyone normal yet.. she was worried she was alone and there was nobody from her competition here. She had gotten desperate and wouldn't mind finding ANYONE, not even Silver Spoon. She just...needed the reassurance that she wasn't alone, starved of consolation.

Remote, the possessed object who had attacked her, scrambled from the ground and scurried off into the dark forest, having detected that the fight was too unsafe and that Tea Kettle was too powerful.

Tea Kettle had broken more since the attack on the island..but she was doing fine. She hated looking so scruffy but she would rather be scruffy than dead. She sighed heavily, brushing herself off in a few swift motions in relief, relaxed now that object had let her be. She plopped her lid back onto her head, it rattling before staying securely in place.

This was not the first time she had been attacked like that.

The sun was setting.. she needed to find herself a place to stay fast, somewhere where she would be protected. She considered going into a tree, as she would be hidden and off the ground. Even so, the coldness of the nights were getting concerning, as well as her hunger, and those things couldn't be solved so simply. She loved cooking, so had been creative with the little food she had found, but that wasn't enough to last. A good day starts on a full stomach.

She began her journey, leaving in the opposite direction to that crazy remote object. Her eyes were focused above, searching for a good place to settle for the night. Anywhere that was high enough would do, as long as she could access it. Being alone didn't have many benefits, she enjoyed helping others, so even if she didn't have to worry about anyone but herself she didn't like that.

Something caught her off-guard in those moments, stopping her in her tracks.

The sound of crying..

She would usually be saddened to hear that someone was upset, but in fact she couldn't be happier. Finally! She had found someone! She snatched off her lid and held it by the handle out like a shield, making sure to be prepared if this was some kind of trick, before sneaking to where she could hear the sounds emerging from.

It was getting louder... she was close. She squinted, trying her best to pick up any colours that didn't belong to the forest. She wanted to find someone .. ANYONE.. she tightened her grip.. staying low. She REALLY hoped it wasn't bait.. she just .. couldn't stand this loniless anymore.

Her eyes settled on something.. bingo.

Red colour.. and.. white? This lit a spark of hope within her, causing her to lower her shield subconsciously..Life Ring. This was..weirdly lucky. She was unsure if this was intentional - what if he was just.. possessed and this was a trap? She would tell immediately by his eyes... she needed to see them to make sure.

There he was... on his knees, hunched over while crying on the grass across from her. She felt bad, obviously, softening with guilt at the sight.. but she still had to remain vigilant. She cleared her throat as she approached, trying to seem welcoming.

"Hey, Lifer! Watcha doin' on the ground?" She called out, cupping her mouth to project her voice. Life Ring didn't expect to hear HER, flinching and lifting his head in surprise, staring in the direction of the voice he heard. His crying seemed to stop in an instant, hastily wiping his eyes away.

'T-Tea Kettle.. i-is that really you there-?" He stammered back, standing slowly in disbelief one foot at a time.. he wiped his eyes continuously, as if his tears had been making him see things.