12: Mixed messages.

"Ohhwww.. how many days has this been going on for now..?" Saw tiredly complained, practically forcing herself to walk while slumping back. Her knees were wobbly - walking so much had worn her out. Without food too, this was also causing her to weaken. Remote, who was the only other member of their group, pondered this, as if she was calculating.

"Um, 3 days." She replied in her simple voice. This caused Saw to moan more, clearly irritated. She brought her fist to her face and rubbed her eye.

"It feels so much longer than that though.. I really miss my team.." she murmured, trailing off at the thought of them. She was terrified of being alone in a situation like this... and although she was grateful for Remotes support she was scared that she would lose her and end up fending for herself. The forest was scary.. especially at night, so they had to use this time well.

The girls mindlessly wondered in hopes of finding a group.. or food. Well, Saw was the one who needed food. Remote didn't actually have to eat, she was a robot and therefore was fine without it. Saw didn't realise this and Remote hadn't said, figuring it would be easier that way.

"You know.. maybe she's left! I haven't seen her anywhere so.. maybe she just gave up..?" Saw hopefully suggested, awkwardly grinning at Remote. It sounded more like a question.

"Uh, I don't know what to say. I don't think she would have given up that easily." Remote explained, Saw frowning and looking down in disappointment. She knew that was the answer anyways ..but she hoped if she told herself repeatedly they were safe that she would feel better. She held her arms and closed her eyes..

She hoped if she wished hard enough that things would go back to normal..that she would be in the cabin with all of her friends again. She didn't care about the arguing anymore..she just wanted to see their faces. She wanted to see Gaty, desperate to know if she was okay.

She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping that this would make it work. Of course it didn't..though, because when she opened them she was still walking along the same stupid grass.

"What are you doing?" Remote questioned flatly, concerned if anything. Saw shakily sighed, lowering her arms to her sides in visible defeat. "I was trying to make a wish.. it didn't work, though.."

"Oh, I see." Remote understood, well, she didn't. Saw was kind of an oddball, and would not have been her personal pick. But she got that she didn't have a choice in this situation.. and it could have been worse. She could have been stuck with someone like Snowball, or LIY. She shook her head at the thought, relieved that wasn't the case.

They kept travelling but.. they had little to no luck. It was beginning to seem hopeless, and the more Saw moved around the more energy she lost. Remote was beginning to notice this, so eventually stopped in place.

"Let's rest for now." She instructed. Saw was confused, tapping her fingers together "Wh..what? But.. I-I thought we had to look for-"

"You're going to tire yourself out. Just sit down and take a break.." she pointed to the ground, glaring at Saw to follow her instructions. Saw sighed, giving in. "O..Okay.. okay, but I really think we should be spending our time differently.." she murmured, trying to convince Remote but didn't have much luck.

Saw was about to sit down, before she was taken offguard. She didn't want to gather attention so covered her mouth before she let out a short scream in her hand, jumping backwards. Remote turned immediately and got ready to fight if she needed to, however her arms fell to her sides and her face drew blank as all it seemed to be was.. Leafy. Not Evil Leafy.. the regular one. This was odd.

"L-Leafy! What are you doing here..? I-I thought you escaped the exit??" Saw worriedly asked with a shakey smile, a little lost.

Leafy didn't register the question at first, confused. "What..-?" She suddenly forced a laugh. "Oh, yes! Yes, I-I escaped the exit!" She blurted, putting her hands on her waist and shaking her head. "Silly me! I...it must have slipped my mind. Uh.."