8: Not-so-friendly faces.

"How are we even supposed to find anyone in this stupid forest??"

Nickel, Balloon and Bow had came into contact with each other after falling from the portal, each grateful that at least they had someone alongside them, but that couldn't be said for WHO was beside them. Nickel was frustrated to be stuck with Balloon, and the feeling was mutual. Bow was awkwardly stuck in the middle of the tension, but lay low as she wasn't in the mood to get involved with them. However despite their differences, they were still trying to understand what had occurred.. they had no idea where they were, having relied on Test Tubes judgement and trusting her that this place was safe. They weren't so sure though.. and all the other contestants were all around the forest.

How were they supposed to get home? And.. who were those objects that attacked them? Did Mephone know anything about it? He seemed so shocked..

Bow had to help get Balloon out of a tree after falling, and Nickel happened to come across them since he was in the area after he fell, foo. They talked collectively, and none of them knew where they were or.. could explain what happened back at the island. Balloon preferred not to remember how he killed another object, and despite Nickel being spiteful he hadn't mentioned it either. He didn't know Balloon had that kind of strength, and didn't feel like bringing it up..

"Who knows if Mephone and Test Tube even SURVIVED that fall. We could be stuck here forever, who knows." Nickel pointed out with a mumble, being unhelpful. Balloon sighed loudly, groaning "You're not heelpiiinngg.." he groaned lowly, his tone of voice sounding hurt.. the thought of not being able to get home worried him..

"Wowie, SORRY I'm not dancing arounnnd in and singinnggg. Haven't you seen the situation??" Nickel turned to him, watching as Balloon tried to keep walking forward. "Can't you just.. be quiet for once? Jeez..." Balloon asked politely, but gritted his teeth at the end of his sentence. They had been walking for about half an hour, and this was all he had been hearing..

Balloon was worried that he would never see anyone from the hotel again.. and in regards to them, what happened in their home world? Surely being so far from the island they would be safe? Nickel had thought about Baseball too but, said nothing about it nor indicated any thought towards it.

They were quiet after that, both of them now in a bad mood. The group was just hoping to run into any of their friends.. really. They just wanted to go home.. nobody was really in the mood to continue the competition after this, it would be a life changing event. Would Mephone even cancel it because of this? Who knew..

Bow noticed they were tense, swallowing and trying to force a smile, wanting to brighten the mood. "Uhhh, hey! Like, .." Bow noticed she got both of their attention so tried to keep speaking, putting her arms on her waist. "If we're in a group, maybe the rest of them will be in groups too!" I dunno, I don't know how Test Tubes portal thing works. " she shrugged, hoping her suggestion helped.

"Huh.." Balloon pondered her point. "That would be helpful.. it'll make it easier for us to find them." Nickel just muttered something bitterly in response. Balloon glared, but said nothing, not bothering to waste his time on him.

"Yeah! Test Tubes, like, smart, duh. She can take us home. I'm sure Mephone will be able to revive .. er, Goo and stuff, too! Coolness!" She grinned at her own words, Balloon giving a small smile. "Ah.. I hope so.." he really did hope that Test Tube was still alive after that fall.. and even if she wasn't, he hoped Mephone would be able to bring her back. And.. that he was alive.

"I can't wait to just get home.. hopefully we can just..scrap the competition after this. I just wanna go back to the hotel.." Balloon sighed, rubbing his arms.

"..H-..Huh?" Bow seemed confused, but also upset by what he said, as if she didn't quite understand or.. it didn't quite make sense go her. Balloon looked over to her, also confused. "What..?"