11: Was it worth it?

After Match and the group had been gifted with the new arrival of Clover a day before, the rest of their evening, night and following morning had been strangely peaceful. Clover knew it was because of her luck and she wasn't going to directly tell them that, but she did want to use it to her advantage. She offered going to look for food with the rest of the group, and they agreed since hunger was beginning to get pretty bad.

They had found a nice spot so they told Tree to stay behind and keep watch of it while they were gone. He didn't mind, since he knew using up his energy would just make him more hungry anyways. Though, being alone did come with its disadvantages, one of which was that he afraid of every noise that he heard.

He hadn't been able to stop thinking about what he saw.. what Pencil looked like and how she acted. He wondered who else that had happened to.. if Evil Leafy was behind it after all. It made him worried about his team, because he really didn't want to lose them like that.. he hadn't seen any of them since the giant attack so.. worry only persisted the more he was away from them.

He knew Bottle was dead.. maybe Pillow. Remote may still be alive, though, and Blackhole would definitely still be okay. Perhaps Pen.. but, he never really got along with him. Tree was sat down against a tree trunk, his axe beside him while he listened to the breeze of the wind against his leaves. It was so tranquil... the group hadn't been gone for a while so he knew he still had some time to kill.

He stared at the ground tiredly, his mind wondering while his fingers brushed the grass beside him.. how long would they actually be like this? Clover had explained everything about her and her own show.. as well as this "Mephone" guy. It was a little relaxing to know there was still a host around, but that didn't change much.. he was just as vulnerable as anyone else. Apparently he could recover.. she also told them about everyone else, such as "Paintbrush" and "Candle".. just a load of others. He kind of wanted to meet them.. but Clover said that Test Tube should have a portal that can help them all get back home.

He wondered if Mephone would let everyone here go to that world, instead. As soon as they recovered everyone of course.. somehow.

While his mind drifted, he hadn't noticed that someone had been creeping up on him. It was too late by the time he looked up in a fright, his hand automatically reaching for the axe beside him.. it was Woody. He looked like he had been burned majorly, causing Tree to swallow and grimace.

He felt bad.. he didn't want to hurt their friends.. his breathing picked up, slowly and uneasily standing, using the tree behind him for support. "N-Now now.. " he tried to put his hand out to the approaching object.

He was limping.. this gave Tree an advantage. He went to grab the axe with both his hands. "..I'm..I'm so sorry.." He apologised to him shakily, before yelling and running with the axe in the air, preparing to whack him with it. Woody came running at him too.

Tree took a swing, but just before he could he was taken by surprise as Woody moved to the side, causing Tree to swing into the ground. The axe dug deeply into the mud, and when he tried to pull it out, he couldn't. He whined in desperation, yelping as he was knocked down onto the ground by the side. He tried to scramble away, but was pushed down by his back, Woody standing on his back legs.

"NO!" He cried, whining as he tried to pull at the grass and drag himself away. His arms were grabbed onto and he was flipped over, staring into the other objects glowing eyes. He squirmed helplessly, Woody being terrifyingly strong based on what he used to be like. Tree panted.

"W-Woody! C-Come on, this isn't you! You must be in there somewhere, please, wake up!" He pleaded, trying to reason with him. There was no prevail however as the grip on his arms only tightened, and instead they were held together with a single arm. Tree tried to force them out of Woodys grasp but it was useless.