4. Convenient collisions.

Blocky sat against a tree, staring at the fire and leaning on his hand as it held him up, observing as the embers flew up into the air and drifted off somewhere unimportant. He had a small pile of collected firewood next to him, occasionally tossing some into the fire to make sure it didn't go out. He was making sure to keep himself warm, not wanting to freeze to death overnight.

The forest was basically pitch black now, and every noise he heard startled him. He was making sure to be weary, not really..feeling like his usual self. He felt down, and who could blame him after what happened.

He had nothing to distract him, so while he stared and admired as the fire flickered and crackled in front of him, he was forced to think about the day. He wondered if.. ANY of his friends were okay.. or any of his team for that matter. He knew Grassy was dead.. and .. he was pretty sure Eraser had been burned alive. Who really knew.. he only saw Grassys death. He had no idea where Pen was, or Coiny.. Snowball, Firey, Basketball.. anyone.

He couldn't stop replaying what happened with Grassy in his head .. how could he fail to protect him like that? He felt like he was to blame but knew deep down it wasn't really his fault. It was Evil Leafys.. still.. now he couldn't even save the only friend he had left.

His eyes drifted from the fire subtlety over to Clock, who had his eyes closed and was leaned against the tree. He hadn't been awake since he was tossed into Blocky earlier  ... Blocky began to think he was dead after all, but his clock hand was still ticking. It was staying in the same place though, it was only making sound, so he assumed he must've been broken. A large crack was along his face and across one of his eyes.. he wondered if he was blind in it. He wasn't sure what was wrong, and he wasn't very good at building and fixing complicated things so didn't know how to help out.

Which.. kind of hurt..almost like his only friend left he couldn't even support and help.. what if Clock died and it was his fault? He sighed and watched as the light from the fire created long moving shadows and gently lit up Clocks body.. the ticking and the crackling of fire sometimes happened at the same time so it almost felt like the ticking stopped and.. it made him concerned sometimes just in case he would never hear it again.

He felt kind of alone.. he had been thinking a lot about how merely days ago they were just.. living their lives as normal. A few days ago he remembered pulling an all nighter with Pen in Death Pacts cabin. Tree was woken up by them and went in a rage.. it was funny as shit.

Now he would do anything to see any of them again.

He decided that he was going to turn in soon, figuring it was better to get some rest while everyone else was resting so that he could hopefully find some wondering objects tomorrow. He proceeded to stand and stretch, holding one of his arms above himself as he did. He leaned down and went to pull some grass out of the ground, ripping it and gathering a small pile before chucking it onto the fire. It dimmed it down so he went to grab some more.

He leaned down to tear some from the ground again, before flinching as he heard movement in the near distance. He froze up and gently stood up straight, squinting as he couldn't tell what or.. who it was. He couldn't see anything because the fire didn't provide enough light, too nervous to move.

What if it was her? He glanced around wearily, reaching to grab a large stick to defend himself with if necessary. He held it with both hands and held it in front of himself, before clearing his throat to speak, holding the branch tighter than he had intended.

"Who's there?" He choked out, internally scolding himself afterwards for asking such a question. Evil Leafy didn't talk so what if it was her? He was prepared to swing the branch and attempt to injure whatever was lurking, slowly trailing further from the fire.