Chapter 5: Past and Present

Hey guys, Yeah took a long time but it's here! I vow to Finish what I started

here's a quick important guide

—> means a change in perspective

— means a time skip or time has passed or a change of a scene so to speak. I also use this to break my little author note here, anyway enjoy!

Also, This is my version of MFT. The real theory is similar but not exactly how I described it here

May 1st ,1998, Epochfield Secondary

"Grrrrr, this is too hard!" I said this quietly to myself. I was doing an English 12 exam after all and man was it tough. I was stuck on the final question which was a paragraph response question and it said:

"Happiness can be found in unlikely circumstances"

But was that true? Sure I wanted to answer that it's just not possible but how would I introduce my ideas and have the whole thing flow? I never was good at writing and god forbid me to become an English teacher cause he knows I would be the worst teacher of all time. Regarding the question though, I don't believe it to be true for it just doesn't apply to me. How can anybody find happiness in the deepest darkest circumstances? You just can't. That's what I believed anyway. And so I started with my negative opinion towards the topic.

*fast forward till the end of the exam, which was about 20 mins later*

"Phew, glad I got this beast done" I said out loud but not loud enough that people could hear me. I looked at my writing one last time and saw that it was pretty shit but did I care? not in the slightest. I just wanted to get it over with so I stood up and handed it in, but before I did I forgot to put my name on the exam which is a terrible rookie mistake. "Oops, forgot my name haha" I nervously laughed and wrote my name on the first page of the exam:

"David Frey"

That's what I wrote down since yeah, that is my name after all. After that, the teacher dismissed me as the people who finished their exams early pretty much can leave right away.

I stepped outside and...It was raining cats and dogs..... Meaning It was fucking pouring, in May! I growled since I had to walk home but I just so happen to have my umbrella with me as the weather was really unpredictable and strange lately so, even though the pouring rain surprised me, it was to be expected. Besides ,I really did enjoy the rain as it had a calming effect. I then started my journey up the hill towards to where I live. I lived only 20 mins away which is an average walk for a normal person and I liked it cause I get to just walk and enjoy the scenery even though the scenery was basically just a bunch of houses and a road that's usually busy with vehicles. I walked and walked until I spotted a girl in a really old trench coat sporting some pale green shorts. Her hair was a mixture of brunette and black which suggested she dyed her hair but probably got washed out by the rain. She was sitting to the side of the street looking down with her knees to her chest. I knew I shouldn't bother her but she had deep cuts on her knees and so and I felt concerned so I approached her.

"Hey" I said

She looked up

"Hey" she said back

"What are you doing out here in the rain? You'll get a cold and it's just not good for your health also, We should get those scratches on your leg some disinfectant." I was clearly worried as not only did she look hurt but she also looked sad. A sad girl about my age is sitting here in homeless clothes under the rain. How can anyone not feel sympathy.