Chapter 10

I noticed a few things, while I was moving to my previous room. We were on the third floor. There were a good ten rooms between mine and Rocky's. Since, it was at the end of the level, this room had a French window opening into the largest balcony of the place. There was something, I hadn't noticed in the night. There was an ornate swing, hanging on the balcony. The room, with white muslin curtains billowing in the breeze - without the nauseating floral elements - looked spectacular.

A spectacular prison.

Just twenty four hours ago, I was ecstatic in my own bubble, waiting eagerly for his return. The mere thoughts of my stupidity were making me sick again. Afraid I might throw up the heavy breakfast, I went to the balcony for some fresh air.

I always knew that I would never have a lovey-dovey romance. My father was involved in illegal mining and gold smuggling. There was no way in hell that circle consisted of righteous men waiting to marry for love. Marriage was meant only to strengthen alliances. A business deal. Like Kamal and my father. As far away from romance that might be, I never expected myself to be a victim of a hostage situation. I was worried about my poor father - one wrong move and he could end up dead. He might not care about me as much as I would've liked him to, but he was my only remaining family.

There was also a nagging doubt, that Rocky might actually kill him, if I managed to escape. He had rendered my father powerless, by kidnapping me. Andrews and Daya wouldn't really cross my father's orders. By shooting Kamal, he had shown that he wasn't messing around. I didn't know much about Gurupandian. But with a masterstroke - which he could've executed without shredding my dignity- he had them in a tight fist.

Better to be a sacrificial pawn, than a monster's sidepiece.

"Didi, lunch is ready. Do you want to come down to the dining room or should we bring it here?", asked Mallamma, interrupting my thoughts.

"I'm not hungry. Still full from the breakfast", I replied.

They shifted uneasily, looking at their feet.

Hospitable wardens.

I sighed.

"I'll call you when I want to eat. Till then, I want to be alone", I said.

"Ok, didi. Do you want anything?", Mallamma asked.

"Actually, yes. I want a notebook, or atleast some papers, a pen and a pencil", I replied, "Can you get that to me?"

"Sure, didi", and they sped out of the room.

********************************

I kept strolling in the balcony, enjoying the cool, night breeze. Too trapped in contemplation, I didn't notice someone standing behind me, until I felt an arm around my shoulder.

Gasping, I jumped and would've fallen, if not for the strong arms, now entwined around my waist.

"Shhh, Sona! I didn't know you scared easy", Rocky taunted, once again draping his arm around my shoulder.

I didn't turn around. I impulsively caught his hand on my shoulder and did the unexpected.

I sunk my teeth deep and bit him as hard as I could.

"Ahh!", he yelled and jumped back a foot away from me, as I finally turned to face him.

He looked at me, surprised. And laughed.

Had he not bruised my ego, I would've found the sound musical.

"You're very kinky, Sona. If you want to give me a hickey, you should bite my neck. Hands are weird, don't you think?", he asked, smirking, "but still hot".