Chapter 19

Previously...

I opened my eyes groggily, disturbed by the sunlight falling on my face. Squirming and trying to turn to a comfortable position, I found myself pinned to the spot.

Something heavy and rough across my waist. Directly on my skin.

I looked under the covers, to see a male hand wrapped around my body. My completely naked body.

My heart stopped for a second.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I turned my head to the side and opened it, praying that none of the things I imagined had happened.

I opened my eyes to find my prayers unanswered.

Rocky was lying by my side, sleeping peacefully like a baby. With no clothes on.

I muffled a scream. What had I done?

***********
I gently pushed his hand away from me and tried to wriggle away without waking him up. God knows, I wasn't prepared to face him. Stuffing a pillow under his arms, I successfully maneuvered myself out. Spotting last night's outfit, I grabbed it and made a run to the bathroom.

Slowly sliding down the bathroom wall, I tried my best to recollect the events that lead to this moment.

Squeezing my eyes shut...

He asked me why I kept his precious pendant... My reluctant truth... The electrifying car ride... We barely made it to the door when we started kissing...

I stopped myself from thinking further. Only alcohol could make embolden me to the point of stupidity. Damn it!

Wincing at the uncomfortable pain between my legs, I turned the shower on. This was going to change everything between us. How was Rocky going to take this?

**********
I sighed in relief, when I found that Rocky was still sleeping like a baby, with his mouth slightly open. He looked peaceful and content. Smiling to myself and not wanting to torment him with my drama, I quietly grabbed a fresh set of clothes and left the room.

I decided to walk off the restlessness in my garden. One of my old guards came up to me, saying that someone had come to meet me.

It was Kamal's bestfriend - Vikrant.

"Hi Reena! It's so nice to see you after a long time," he greeted, extending his hand.

Shaking his hand, "Vikrant! How are you?", I returned.

"I'm fine," he said, politely, "I heard about the launch. Congratulations! I thought you might be here."

"Thank you!"

An uncomfortable pause. We had never interacted outside of Kamal's presence. He had just told me that he was an honest man, who had no involvement with the black market gold. I had no idea, why Kamal would be friendly with someone who did not cross the law. But, childhood relationships were deep and strong.

He took a deep breath. "Look Reena, I'll be straight. People told me you were dead and so is Kamal. Are you okay? What happened to Kamal? Nobody is answering me. Andrews said that your father killed him," he said.

"What the hell? My father raised Kamal like his own son. Why would he ever want to kill him?," I raised my eyebrows, outraged.

"That is what I thought too. But then, you disappeared and the next thing is... your father too...," He trailed uncomfortably.

I looked away, fighting to control the tears.

"I am sorry about your dad. My deepest condolences," he said, sincerely.

I nodded in acknowledgement.

"Can you please tell me what you know about Kamal? Is he alive? Where is he?," He asked, frantically.

I looked at him, with remorse. I shook my head slowly.

Vikrant put his head in his hands and shuddered violently. He was sobbing.

The guilt was suffocating me. I was responsible for his death.

"I know... That he was involved in a shady business... I warned him so many times... It was risky... All of them were chameleons..." He sobbed harder.

I hung my head low.

"Oh my God... Why... Why... Wouldn't he listen to me? He was my brother... I have no one anymore," he cried, tears streaming relentlessly.

He looked so fragile. Wanting to comfort him somehow, I moved forward and hugged him. He sobbed into my shoulder.

BHAM!

A gunshot echoed in the silence.

I was holding Vikrant's lifeless body, that was shaking with sobs, a second ago.

Horrified, I stepped away. He fell down, bleeding onto the freshly mowed grass.

Rocky was standing there, breathing hard like a raging bull. He lowered his gun, glaring at me with bloodshot eyes.

************************

Hi, my lovely readers! First of all, I owe you all a huge apology for the late and short update. I've been really busy with my college admissions.

Do you want me to elaborate the intimate scene?

Please let me know if you enjoyed the chapter!