Chapter 18

Rocky held my hand the entire time during the short trip, his thumb running soothing circles on the back of my hand. It was getting difficult to breathe, but I didn't pull away, because of the thrill. We soon arrived at the Taj. Rocky held out his hand for me like a gentleman and I wound my arm around his elbow. He looked happier than I had ever seen him.

We were ushered to the dining area. It was unusually empty.

"Did you book the entire hall?", I asked in disbelief.

"Privacy, Sona," he mocked, "I don't want any restrictions to stop you from taking advantage of me."

I just shook my head, smiling slightly.

He graciously pulled a chair for me.

"You know what, Rocky? You're literally the last person I expected to be chivalrous," I teased, settling in.

"It comes automatically when you're with your queen," he returned, seating himself.

"Do you say this to every woman you go out with?"

He chuckled.

"Looks like my Sona is jealous," he smirked.

"I'm not," I fumed, suddenly remembering his dance number with Milky.

"You're the only woman I've ever been with," he replied, calmly.

"One - I'm not with you. Two - What about Milky? You were both all over each other," I said, trying to compose myself.

"I did that on purpose. To make you jealous. To make you realise that you have feelings for me," he said vehemently, "but you're still in denial."

A waiter interrupted us.

I immediately ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir and he left.

Rocky looked at me and started laughing, the rich voice filling the room.

"What?", I asked.

"I suddenly remembered the first time I saw you. A woman dressed in golden, was downing an entire bottle of beer bottoms up and threw it away carelessly, in the middle of the road. Then, she turned, flipping her long hair with style, wearing a golden band like a crown. Everything stopped for that second. My heart started beating like never before. I felt alive. My life changed from that moment," he said, with his intense black gaze, which was powerful enough to raise goosebumps.

"You looked like an enchantress, made only for me. You seemed lonely and angry, in spite of a huge party behind you. None of your friends bothered. I wanted to erase that unhappiness from your face, but I ended up making you angrier," he completed, chuckling at himself.

I smiled at that bittersweet memory. He definitely had a way with words. I knew that nobody could love me more than he did. I felt a lump in my throat, blocking the three words I wanted to say.

The waiter arrived with the wine and poured the red liquid into two glasses.

After he left, I asked him something that has been bothering me for a while."I've never been nice to you. I've only insulted you. Repeatedly. Why do you still like me?"

"At first, I liked that you were a challenge," he admitted, "I enjoyed teasing you, but I also had a feeling that it wasn't your true nature. And I haven't been a very nice man either. Your anger has not been wrong. I hurt you a lot by bringing you to KGF. You've lost a lot of people in a short time.

"But I don't regret what I did with Kamal," his expression and voice darkening, "I had him as my target ever since I heard that he was your fiance. You were meant to be mine only. Then, how dare he tell me that you are his? I couldn't control myself.