18. Emergency

"Is someone hurt? Did something happen to dad?"

"It isn't your father" Taehyung says, Your heart pounds painfully in your chest as a thousand of horrific scenarios flash before you mr eyes.

Trembling, you take the phone from Taehyung and press is to your ear.

"Hello? Mom?"

"Oh, Y/N. You must come home quickly, It's -"

Her voice breaks and you clutch your chest, Taehyung stands over you, his shadow broad and protective.

"It's your grandpa. He collapsed. He had a stroke."

Your mother sniffles, and your head pounds.

"What's happening? Is he going to be alright?" You ask.

"He's still admitted. The doctor says... he might not make it" You mom say, hiccups and choking with tears.

Taehyung stares at you, his brows knit in concern.

"You'll have to be strong now mama, For all of us"
Your mother cries even harder. The phone is than passed on.

"Hello, Y/N"

You father's steady voice breaks your composure. Tears well up in your eyes.

"Listen, the doctors say there's a small chance that grandpa could get better, but there is stronger possibility that he may not. You must return home to say your goodbyes"

"Ok dad, I'll be there"

You get off your phone and stare out at the sea waves in shock. Taehyung puts his hand on your back.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"I am not sure..."

"It's okay baby, You don't have to be okay... Take your time"

Tears spill down your cheeks and Taehyung opens his arms to you.
You bury your face in his chest.

"I need to get back home as soon as possible" You tell him.

"Sure my love. Let's go back to the condo and pack our bags"

*

You rush around collecting your belongings and flinging your clothes into your bag. Taehyung retrieves your passport from the safe, his phone glued to his ear.

"Ugh...what's that supposed to mean? Can we atleast pay any two people to give up their seats?" He sounds frustrated.

Your stomach turns and you rush to the bathroom, you just make it in time before you vomit.

"Y/N!"You turn to find Taehyung hovering over you, his phone abandoned on his sides."What happened?"

"Nothing... I think it's the nerves. I'm alright"