19. Criminal

You rushed to Korea to say goodbye to your sick grandfather, only to find that your parents have tricked you into returning home

"what did you just call him?" You slightly raise your voice at your father.

"I called him what he is, a criminal" your father answers.

"he's right Y/N" your grandpa says.

"what's going on here? Why would you call him that?"

"We received information about Taehyung, he's not who he says he is"

"you can't just believe rumors"

"these are not rumors. Taehyung...he is a part of a mafia, he makes his money from things you can't even imagine" Your father says gravely.

The earth shifts beneath you. You fall back on a chair near your grandpa's bed.

"How many times has he left town for business? Any shady men you've seen with him?" Your father enquires.

You grip the chair beneath you refusing to believe any of this.

"This...I don't believe this and neither should you, he can never do anything wrong...I love him..." you say, sounding defeated.

"If he truly cares about you, he will want you to take care of yourself and give all of this a fair bit of thought" Your grandpa had finally spoken.

You half heartedly smile at him.
"Ok, but you need to take care of yourself grandpa. I want to stay with you here"

"No need honey, go back home and take some rest. You can come back tomorrow" Your grandpa says.

After a long, silent drive home and a night of rest, you woke up in your childhood bedroom. You ease yourself at the edge of your bed and stare at your bag where your positive pregnancy test is hidden away.

You clutch your stomach and imagine the little life growing inside you.

You ponder, even if Taehyung was a part of mafia, he would never do anything wrong. You sigh.

You hear your parents downstairs. Reluctantly, you dress and drag your feet down into the kitchen.

"Good morning y/n ...Here, I have your favourite waffles ready for you" Your mother says cheerfully, but her smile doesn't meet her eyes.

"Sure"

She stiffens at your curt tone. You sit at the table across from your father.