01. Arranged Marriage

Life in a small city in Korea hasn't been all that exciting for you

Life in a small city in Korea hasn't been all that exciting for you. Normally you would wake up, get ready for your college and have a hectic day there but you have completed your college and today, your fiancé is arriving to take you back to America with him. There's just one problem, you haven't met him yet.

You were excited about your arranged marriage to Kim Taehyung but you couldn't help and feel nervous too. "I know so little about him. Will I like him? Will he like me?" You thought.

Your mother smooths out your best hand sewn dress and braids your hair.

"you look gorgeous darling" Her mother commented.

"What kind of man is he, omma?" you asked.

"I told you. He is worldly, rich and charitable. He and his parents moved from our city to America when he was young. He has travelled the globe. He inherits all his father's riches and he's also very cultured"

"What is he really like though? Will we have anything in common?" You ask again not completely satisfied with your mother's answer.

"Don't worry about that sunshine. When I was first matched with your father, we fell in love instantly. So will you" Your mother replied.

But something told you it's not that simple. Suddenly your cousin, Nayeon , sprints into your bedroom and says,

"I saw their car pulling up! He's almost here."

There is a knock on the front door and your mother hurries downstairs. Nayeon squeals and pulls you close.

"Just wait until you see your stud-to-be" She chirps.

"Oh god! I don't know if I can do this" You says nervously.

"Yes, you can. You're a serious catch Y/N. And by the looks of Taehyung, he is too."

Nayeon straightens the bow in your dress and smoothes your hair.

She pushes you out the door and they walk down the stairs. When they reach the bottom, you stops dead in your tracks.

A tall, diabolically handsome man was talking to your mother.

"My god," You whispered.

Wearing a tight black checked two piece suit , the man looked like a literal greek god.

No, not a man. With a head full of tousled black hair, dark gleaming eyes, and the most handsome face you'd ever seen, you wondered if he even qualified as human. The lean muscles of his chest and biceps led your eyes downward to his strong forearms.

The man was like a dangerous demon sent by Satan to give women impure thoughts.

He might even be the devil himself.

"He's handsome," Nayeon mused.

You turned to her. "Handsome? He's more than handsome. He's . . ." The words that came to your mind sounded too forbidden to say out loud. Dangerous. Wicked. Those weren't attributes suitable for a gentleman.