Part 2: Chapter 3

Isadora's pov.

'Yes, meeting the staff should make this easier could you arrange that for Friday? Oh and maybe children of the gaurds too, so I can meet some kids closer to my age. Then I'll have 3 more days to get accustomed to being in the castle and the layout of it. As for being announced to the people, we can schedule that for 3 weeks from now and have a ball in honor to celebrate 1 month and a half from today, giving ample time to plan. Invitations to the ball can be sent out next week and the announcement of royal news can be made later this week as well. If that is all I'm going to head to my room and rest prior to dinner.'

"Of course your majesty, I'll see you then."

As I walk back to my room, I think about all that has happened today. I suppose my original idea of leaving and going back to the village is not happening. I like it here, I didn't think I would but I really enjoy being here. Now I'm going to be introduced to people, their is no turning back. Not having to suppress my nature is nice, now I realize just how much I was denied my true self in school.

I wonder what they would say, the kids that made my life miserable saying I was a nobody who would never be more than a measly commoner. Even if I had only the lowest class of magic I would automatically be recognized as middle class. With each class of magic higher the person stations jumps higher, starting with middle class if you have the lowest branch of power. Low high class if you have the second lowest branch of powers and so on and so forth. The exception to that is if you are already middle class or higher in the hiarchy then you simply jump one class higher, the exception being you can't jump to royalty.

I wonder if I can go to the village and get some of my stuff from the house. Well not that I had a lot before, I suppose I don't have anything of value to take back to the castle. Maybe I'll just visit the school, that could be fun messing with all the low nobility kids- they caused so much damage but never would be put in their place. I'll ask Noah about that later.

As I shook of the last of my thoughts I noticed I was standing in front of my bedroom door I've probably been here for several minutes seemingly just staring at the door. The guard that was here earlier is nowhere to be seen so I pull open the door and walk over to the window seat and curl up with the blanket siting there. I stare out the window watching as the sun starts to set and moonlight is cast over the fields. How the rosebushes are glistening in the last of the- ding ding ding the sound of the clock breaks me out of my musings.

I look at the old clock that hangs on the wall above my canopy bed and sigh. It's already 4, I have to start getting ready for dinner, I go into my closet and pick out a plain royal purple dress that is honestly probably to casual but it's what I'm used to wearing- it's not like Noah is going to say anything, he's so nervous all the time. It's sad to know he's afraid of me, but I understand I'm a new temperamental being he isn't used to it. He doesn't know if or when I'll lash out and besides I am a higher status than him so I suppose I should have expected it.

After I changed into the dress I put my hair in a French braid and took a pair of plain black flats from the closet, but them on and reviewed myself in the mirror. I look like a little girl pretending to be nobility. Oh well, I'll have to get used to it, after all it's my life now. I walk out of my room and notice that a guard is now standing outside the door, weird I wonder why there was not one earlier- dinner! Oh no I need to hurry-wait I got ready an hour early I still have half an hour before I need to be there. Might as well get their early, I walk past the guard and down what seems like a hundred different hallways before I arrive at the doors of the dinning room.

I walk into the room without difficulty, though the guard gives me a questioning look and a few servants who are preparing the table took one look at me and scoffed muttering, 'they will let anyone into the castle now these days won't they?' I ignored them and sat on a window seat showcasing the royal garden.

At last, it was time for dinner. I got off the window seat and walked over to the hallway where Noah was walking into the room.

"Noah? Is it just going to be us for dinner?"
'Yes I believe so, is there anyone else you would like to join us?'
"No, I was just curious. Do you normally eat alone? That sounds awfully boring."
'Unfortunately most days I don't eat dinner, I'm off doing paperwork in my office but on the nights I do, yes I eat alone.'

Together we walk over to the middle of the room where a large table sits- I count the chairs, you can have 27 people at this table! Prince Noah walks to the head of the table, pulls out seat at the very head and gestures for me to come to him- I walk over to him and he gestures for me to sit at the chair he pulled out- I sit, looking at him confused.

'This is technically your spot, your highness, you might as well get used to siting in it' he says, while sitting at the seat two left of my own. Dinner goes on as normal, servants bring out a different foods and me and Noah take what we like. After many minutes of only the sounds of forks clinking on plates I ask what has been weighing on my mind.

Since I am... royalty- I start timidly- will I be allowed ot of the palace? Could I visit the village, I would like to see the school again before they know who I am. You see I-I wasn't... the most liked in school. I had a scholarship to the school for young nobility but I was the youngest in the class, they bullied me for that. It didn't help that I was a commoner, a nobody intruding on there status I explain to him calmly, as I have since excepted this fact. 'They what!' Noah exclaimed furiously, throughout my explanation he looked mad but I suppose that tipped the scale. He stood up, knocking his plate and utensils onto the ground, his cup shattering in a million pieces.

Noah started to pace up and down the length of the table- fuming- while ignoring all other rules of etiquette that I'm sure we're drilled into him, at some point. After an hour of him pacing with seemingly no intention of stopping I stood up.

"Have a nice evening, I'm going to bed- maybe we can talk tomorrow."

I tell him, he showed no acknowledgment to what I said- or even the fact I was in the room- so I walked out. I stormed to my room, honestly I'm still not sure why I got so upset over him ignoring me. It could be because of what happened at school but I don't want to think about that now. I changed out of my dress and into nightclothes suddenly exhausted from all that has happened today. Laying down under the covers of my inviting bed I instantly fell asleep dreaming of going back to the schoolyard as the princess.