Chapter 11: Grand-theft auto

"Four chimes" Max said everyone turned to look at her " Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly. "He's been telling us his his plan this whole time."

"Four kills" Aria said "Four gates. End of the world"
"If that's true...he's only one kill away." Dustin said

Max went to the phone and tried to call the Byers house again but no one answered.
"Whatever's happening in Lenora is connected to all of this." Nancy said while looking out the window "I'm sure of it. But Vecna can't hurt them. Not if he's dead." She quickly turned around "We have to go back in there. Back to the upside down. "

Eddie, Steve and Aria shaked their heads yelling "no,no, no" "Let's think this through" Steve told Nancy who immediately asked "What is there to think through?!"
"We're happy we made it out of there alive " Aria told her.

"Yeah, because we weren't prepared. But this time, we will be. We'll get weapons and protection" Nancy told them "We'll go through the gate, we'll find his lair, and we'll kill him."
Robin stood up and started to talk about how powerful Vecna is. "That's not a fair fight!"

"So then why fight fair?" Dustin asked "You're right. He's like Eleven. But that gives us and upper hand. We know Elevens strengths. And weaknesses. When El remote-travels, she goes into this sort of trance-like state. I bet the same is true of Vecna."

Dustin told them that once the bats are distracting, killing Vecna is easy if he's in his trance- like state. "That all sounds good in theory D" Aria started "But we don't know Vecnas pattern of killing. So we don't know when he's going to attack next. We don't even know who he's going to attack.

"Yeah, we do." Max told them "I can still feel him. I'm still marked. Cursed. I ditch Kate bush... I draw his focus back to me." Lucas took a step closer to her "Max. You can't. He'll kill you."

"I survived before. I can survive again. I just need to keep him busy long enough so that you guys can get into that attic."

Max, Steve and Dustin tried to call the Byers again. Aria went to the bathroom to check on her foot which she hurt in the upside down. She took of her shoe and saw that her ankle was red and swollen. Until now she hadn't really thought about it she just tried to hide the pain.

After a while of being in there she heard a knock on the door and Eddie's voice "You okay, love?". She opened the door 3 inches, looked at him and told him that everything was fine.

He looked over her head and saw her shoe laying on the floor next to a first aid kit. He looked at her and slightly pushed against the door. She sighed and let him in closing the door behind him.

She sat down on the floor again and Eddie kneeled down next to her. He started to help her with her ankle "when did this happened ?" he asked her. "In the upside down when this shitty earthquake hit" she replied.

When Eddie was done wrapping a bandage around her foot he told her " try standing up to see if it's okay" he stood up holding out his hand. She took his hand and stood up "feels like a brand new foot" she told him with a big smile. He chuckled. She took her shoe and put it back on. He kneeled down again tying her laces for her. They went back outside and on their way back to the living room Eddie had an idea.

He grabbed a telephone directory and opened it "Check this out. The War Zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh..well, killing things, basically."

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin asked him "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?" "Well, lucky for us it is, so. This...This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks"

"It will take all day to bike there and back." Dustin told the others "Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asked him "You got some kind of car we don't know about ?" Steve asked Eddie.

Eddie turned to look at him "It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine, but, uh...it'll do." He turned around to max "Hey, Red, uh you got a ski mask or a bandanna, or something like that?
Max thought for a moment before going to her room.

She came out again with a Michael Myers mask in her hand. She handed it to Eddie who looked at it for a second before putting it on and leaving the trailer. Everyone followed and Aria and Robin had to laugh about how funny Eddie looked sneaking around with that mask on.

They ran across the trailer park and stopped when they got to a caravan. Eddie opened a small window and went inside he helped Aria up and took of his mask "That was suffocating"

He locked the door from inside and sat down at the driver's seat while Aria helped her brother up.Eddie started to hot wire the caravan and Steve asked him where he learned how to do that " Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire." Eddie replied.

"Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon, grand theft auto. So, uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name."

Robin came out of nowhere telling him "Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving." "Oh, I'm starting this sucker. Harrington's got her" Eddie told her "Don't ya, big boy?" He asked Steve while leaning closer to him.

The engine started and the radio started playing "Up Around the Bend". They heard to owners from outside yelling and banging against the door. Eddie quickly got up and Steve sat down "Everybody, hang on to something!"

Steve started driving as fast as he could "Shit they look pissed" Dustin said while looking out of the window at the angry owners. "It's not everyday you lose your house and your car on one fell swoop" Aria told him.

Steve finally made it out of the trailer park and they continued driving on the road. Aria sat down next to Dustin. She put her hand on his shoulder "you okay?" she asked him while giving him a little smile. He took a quick breath "yeah. I'm good. You?" She nodded her head. She put her arm around him giving him like half of a hug his head on her shoulder and they stayed like this for the rest of the drive.

———————————————————————————
                                      1183 words

                            Thanks for reading 🖤