Chapter 9: Upside down

All of them swam through the gate. They came out in the upside down seeing Steve Bering attacked by bats. Nancy and Eddie took the oars that were laying in the floor and they all ran over to Steve.

Nancy swung the oar and hit one of the bats. "Hey there" she said before attacking another one. Robin stepped down on the bats tail that was also wrapped around Steves neck and Nancy started to hit the bat multiple times.

As Eddie tried to stop any other bats from coming to them, the three girls were all trying to kill that bat that Robin was still holding down.

Suddenly one of the bats jumped on Nancys back. Robin quickly grabbed the bat by its tail trying to get it off Nancy while Aria was still trying to help Steve.

Aria kicked the bat making it let go off Steve just enough so that he could grab it and bite it but before it could fly away Steve took its tail and started to slam it on the ground.

All of the bats were defeated and Nancy immediately walked over to Steve to see if he was okay.

"Jesus H. Christ!" Eddie screamed as he threw the oar on the ground. He walked over to Aria and she took his hand trying to calm him down a bit.

"Uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?" Robin asked as she was looking at the dead bat. Aria and Eddie turned around letting go of each other's hands "what?

"It's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear." Robin replied "And I think we should probably get you to a doctor soon" "That's the pla-"
Aria was interrupted by the sound of more bats coming their way.

The bats landed around the gate "All right. There's not that many" Steve said "We can take 'em."
"I don't think we can" Aria said pointing at all the other bats that were coming their way.

Eddie grabbed Arias hand and started running towards the woods. The others followed them immediately.

They ran all the way to Skull Rock and hid underneath as the swarm of bats flew across the sky.

Robin stepped out from underneath the rock as soon as the bats were gone and the others slowly followed. "That was close" she said looking at the sky "Yeah. Too close" Eddie replied in a shaky voice.

Steve broke down and Nancy started to help him with his wounds. Robin sat down next to Nancy looking at Steves wounds "So the good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a symptom of rabies. But if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling really aggressive like you wanna punch me, let me know"

"Robin" Steve whispered "I kinda wanna punch you. Robin laughed nervously "Sense of humor's still intact. That's a good sign."

Nancy ripped her skirt and started to carefully wrap the piece of clothing around Steves waist.

Eddie climbed on top of another rock and Aria followed him. He helped her up and they both looked into the distance still taking everything in. "So, uh, this place is like Hawkins but with monsters and nasty shit?" Eddie asked as he turned to the others. "Pretty much" Nancy replied.

"Wait, watch out for the vines" Nancy said as Eddie and Aria tried to walk down from that rock again "It's all a hive mind. They're like one or something. Step on a vine, you're stepping on a bat, you're stepping on Vecna."

Eddie and Aria slowly walked down again trying not to step on the vines.
"We could go to the police station and steal guns and grenades and whatever we need to blow up those bat things that are guarding the gate" Robin stated.

"I highly doubt the Hawkins PD has grenades, Robin" Steve said "But guns, yeah, sure."
Well, we don't have to go all the way downtown for guns " Nancy told them " I have guns in my bedroom"

Everyone looked at her "A Russian Makarov and a revolver."

Eddie took of his vest and threw it to Steve " For your modesty, dude"

Suddenly something like a earth quick hit and they all started to fall to the ground. Eddie quickly wrapped his arm around Arias waist until it stopped.
Before they hit the ground Aria twisted her ankle but tried to play it cool so that no one would notice.

They all heard some creatures snarling in distance "Yeah, so guns seem like a pretty good idea to me" Eddie said nervously looking at Aria who was leaning against his chest." Yeah me too" she said before standing up.

They all started to walk towards the wheelers house.

"Couldn't we have tried a road, or something just slightly less creepy?" Robin asked the two other girls who were walking next to her while the boys were walking behind them. "I think we're almost there" Nancy replied while starting to walk faster.

Suddenly the earth started to shake again and they all fell to the ground. "Second on my list of least favorite things" Robin started annoyed "earthquakes. Seriously I'm unsteady enough as it is."

Nancy walked away while the others tried to stand up. Robin screamed after her. Everyone ran after Nancy who was looking at the wheeler house. "Come on" Nancy said starting to walk towards the house.

They arrived at the house and went in. Nancy immediately went upstairs to her room. Halfway up the stairs Steve stopped " What is it Harrington?" Aria asked. He turned around and went back down. Aria followed him and suddenly started to hear a voice.

Aria and Steve both started screaming Dustins name. Nancy, Robin and Eddie ran down to them. "He's here. Henderson. That little shit, he's here. He's like..." Steve said while pointing his flashlight at the three "He's in the walls or something"

The others were looking at them confused "Just listen" Aria told them while holding up one finger to shush them. "Dustin! Dustin!" Steve and Aria both screamed and looked around trying to find him.

Then they all started to hear Dustins voice and looked around shouting his name. "All right, either this kid can't hear us or he's being a total douchebag" Steve said.

"Will found a way" Nancy told them " He found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights" she walked over to a lamp and tried to turn it on but it didn't work.

Steve looked over to the ceiling light "Guys, are you seeing this ?" They all looked at the lamp which had like small particles around it that looked like glitter (yeah idk how to describe that). Everyone walked over to it. Nancy reached out her hand and the particles started to glow as she touched them.

They all reached out their hands and the whole lamp started to glow. "It tickles" Steve said. "It kinda feels good" Aria replied. Eddie looked at her and smiled before Nancy asked them " Does anyone know Morse code?"

"Wait, does SOS count?" Eddie asked and the girls looked at him "is that good ?"

———————————————————————————
                                      1198 words

                             Thanks for reading 🖤