Chapter 5:Cursed

Nancy, Robin and Aria drove to the school and ran in. They found the others standing in the hallway and Max explaining what she just saw. "It was here. Right here" she said pointing at an empty wall. "A grandfather clock?" Aria asked taking a step closer to max.

Max looked at her saying "When I got closer I just...woke up". "It was like she was in a trance or something" Dustin said. Aria started whispering and got louder as she spoke "Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy"

They went back into ms kelleys office where Max started to explain how Fred and Chrissy both came to me Kelley for help and how they both had the same symptoms as Max."Vecnas curse" Robin said looking around the room.

"Chrissys headaches started a week ago. Freds six days ago. I've been having them for five days" Max stated she told them about hallucinations and how she just saw the clock "looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow.

Suddenly they hear a noice coming from outside and everyone turned around quickly. "Stay here" Steve told them grabbing a lamp as a weapon. A second later everyone followed him to the hallway.

They heard more noises and footsteps when a person suddenly stopped in front of them. Everyone started screaming. Steve was ready to hit the person with his lamp when they heard Lucas scream "It's me"

"Jesus" Steve started "what's wrong with you Sinclair?". While Lucas was trying to catch his breath everyone looked at each other not really knowing wether or not they should say something.

"We've got a code red" Lucas started to explain telling Dustin that Jason and his friends are trying to capture Eddie and that they think that Dustin knows where he is. Aria looked at them worried that Jason will come after her brother.

"We've got bigger problems than Jason right now" Dustin told him turning around to Max.

The next day they were all at Nancys house talking about Victor Creel and how he was the only survivor so that he may know how to beat the curse.After they were done talking they all looked at Max who was sitting at a desk writing something.

"Any idea what she's writing?" Dustin asked looking at his sister who was standing by the stairs. Then they heard the door open and footsteps coming down the stairs. Nancy and Robin immediately started telling the others their plan to go to the Pennhurst Asylum to speak with Victor.

Nancy, Robin and Steve went upstairs while the others stayed in the basement. Lucas started looking at the Victor Creel stuff again and Aria sat down next to her brother. "Have you...heard anything from Eddie ?" she started asking while giving Dustin a troubled look "I'm kinda worried"

Dustin gave his sister a quick look "I'm sure he's fine" he says looking at the table not sounding so convinced about his own words.

Steve was in the basement again sitting on the coach with everyone else. While Aria was looking through some Creel articles the three boys were all staring at Max. "I know you guys are staring at me" Max told them not even turning around.

The boys started looking up trying to look innocent and started doing random stuff. Aria had to chuckle a bit seeing the guys being so nervous.

Max stood up holding a bunch of letters in her hand and started walking to the others. She looked at everyone but the boys were still trying not to look at her.

"You can look at me now"she told them. The boys started apologizing and she started to give them letters. First she gave one to Dustin then to Aria. After that she gave one to Steve and lastly one to Lucas.

"Oh, and, um  give these to Mike, El and Will" she adds. They all look at the envelopes and start to open them when Max tells them not to. They quickly close the envelopes again looking at her.

Aria leans forward a bit asking "I'm sorry, love, but what is this?" Max answers "It's a fail-save" Lucas tried telling her that everything's gonna be okay but she cites him off telling him that she heard that all her life but it's almost never true.

———————————————————————————
                                     722 words
Sorry that this chapter is so short again but the next thing is gonna be the cemetery scene and I want to make a whole chapter about that.

As always thanks for reading please write comments and let me know what you think about the story 🤍

(Gonna update as soon as I can )
(Also please check out my tik tok: @multi.fan.dom17 if you like edits about Eddie and Joseph 😏)